Preston motor parks, cancelled deal with them. won't refund deposit i paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 27 February this year I booked a test drive of a VW Beetle Cab at Preston Motor Parks.

My health was very bad which I thought was as a result of a cold.

I was unhappy with the deal they were offering.

Unfortunately, I paid £100 deposit.

The next day my health deteriorated and it was pneumonia.

I e-mailed Preston Motor Parks and told them I wanted to cancel the car.

I asked for my£100 deposit to be returned to me.

They refused to reply to any of my e-mails even after threats of the small court.

The paperwork given to me does not even have my personal details such as address, etc.

I thought this would be a simple matter but I now know the world of cars is a minefield.

Can I get my money back?

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

ladycoke

how did you pay it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Sailor sam

I originally phoned them to arrange the test drive. However, because I was so ill I sent e-mails (3). Not one has been replied to. I am much better now and will write to them but I think this will be a waste of my time?

Regards

ladycoke

Why did you pay the deposit, did they ask for it? did they say it would refundable or not?

were you reserving the car for subsequent option to purchase.!

They pressured me into paying the deposit with a view to purchasing the vehicle. I couldn't stop coughing and I was feverish. I explained I wasn't feeling very well. I never asked and was never told that the deposit would be refundable. From my experience with the car I bought recently, the same principle was applied, namely 'give us a deposit'. I thought this was the new way of buying a car?

Regards

ladycoke

Hi Sailor sam

I originally phoned them to arrange the test drive. However, because I was so ill I sent e-mails (3). Not one has been replied to. I am much better now and will write to them but I think this will be a waste of my time?

Regards

ladycoke

Have you actually rang them and asked for your deposit back? If yes and they said no, then you must write to them asking the same question which would then needed to be followed up by an LBA (letter before action). You will need to follow this process before making a claim via court.

normally a deposit is taken to reserve the car ( take it off sale ), so you have it when you sort finance and come back, also to cover preparation /service costs; which you forfeit if you don't proceed with the purchase.

unless they said or written on the receipt that it was refundable, I doubt you will get it back.

Otherwise what is the purpose of paying the deposit in the first place! ( you have bought an option to purchase, which comes of the sale price ).

• 4 months later...

I started work at PMP during July 2013. All orders for cars must be secured by a deposit (usually £100). This takes the car off sale. The car has then to be checked and valeted prior to hand-over.

How long did you wait to cancel the deal? What did PMP have to do? Deposits are refundable. Sometimes the credit agreement is not approved. The deposit is always returned in these circumstances.

The first question is 'did PMP suffer any loss?' Probably not. The deposit is not paid to a salesman. They have sold the car. Get to Court ASAP. They will pay up. The deposit is never expressed as not refundable.