Lowell Chasing Statute Barred Cap1 Debt - ** NO MORE - ACCOUNT CLOSED **

Alex_DeLarge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SB letter received and signed for, what is a reasonable amount of time to receive a response? I will be sending reminders as I would like confirmation in writing that I will now be left alone (in regard to this debt at least).

10-14 days, don't worry about the move, someone is 'tidying up'.:lol::lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10-14 days, don't worry about the move, someone is 'tidying up'.:lol::lol:

Ahh, bit of housekeeping, no problem, best to keep it nice and tidy.

Before Lowell have a chance to respond I would like to send a letter of complaint to the OFT and/or FOS if these are the correct ones to complain to, if there are others, or if these are not the correct ones, please advise.

Not sure if there is a template letter of complaint I could send, if not then I can compose something myself, only really need to quote dates and the fact I made the last payment 8 years ago, and have not heard anything from anyone for 7 1/2 years.

When my problems started and my finances got into a mess I did stop paying everyone on the same date (July 2005) so it has been easy to establish that debts are statute barred when they come back to haunt me, and there are a few out there.

Edited by Alex_DeLarge

Hello Alex,

The FOS is the final line of appeal after exhausting a companies 'complaints procedure' and receiving their final response, so Lowells reply may be significant.

The OFT website has a complaint form, bear in mind that the OFT cannot respond directly on individual complaints, these are recorded and reviewed when needed e.g. when

licences are being renewed.

The new FCA will be more proactive in the future.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks, I will give them a couple of weeks and see what arrives, postman has just been, received the letter below, must have crossed in the post with my letter to them.

redjuly.png

Ahh passed to the next incompetent desk jockey, the 'Red Peril'. The Lowell Group still like to believe that people frightened by this escalation to a 'higher authority',

next desk is Hamptons (not so) Legal and when they fail it will end up back where it started with 'customer (dis)service.

Not had a reply yet, they have had a couple of weeks. What is the best way to go about initiating a complaint with lowell, write to them and request a copy of their complaints procedure?

Not had a reply yet, they have had a couple of weeks. What is the best way to go about initiating a complaint with lowell, write to them and request a copy of their complaints procedure?

Yes, just ask them for a copy of their Complaints Procedure - write to their Head Office address.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?398083-Fair-Play-Lowell-(For-a-change)!&p=4297542#post4297542

You might be interested in reading the thread linked above :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?398083-Fair-Play-Lowell-(For-a-change)!&p=4297542#post4297542

You might be interested in reading the thread linked above :)

Interesting, seems they don't want to waste any time chasing SB debts once made aware, hopefully I will get the same letter.

Edited by Alex_DeLarge

We live in hope :)

BCOBS

Thought I should get this up straight away, postman delivered this 5 minutes ago.

Thank you guys and gals, WHOO HOO!

cap1.jpg

:whoo:

BCOBS

oh dear

another person saved from being fleeced

on a debt they did not owe..

it just makes me wonder

how many 1000's of people just blindly pay a no powers DCA

because of a cleverly worded threat-o-gram.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh dear

another person saved from being fleeced

on a debt they did not owe..

it just makes me wonder

how many 1000's of people just blindly pay a no powers DCA

because of a cleverly worded threat-o-gram.

dx

They probably still 'owe' the money - it's just that the creditor's legal rights have been barred by the Act - and as such there is no obligation (save for a 'moral' one) to pay!

I bet Lowell will now sell the 'debt' elsewhere - keep your letter safe just in case.

I would not be surprised if they did sell it on, they are certainly stupid enough. Letter will be filed away somewhere safe just in case.

What a great result Lowlife must be a good few quid down this year on the number of accounts proved to be SB.

They can always be reminded of the OFT Guidance Section on 'deceptive business practices' The Sale of Statute Barred Debt without informing the purchaser of the status of the debt'

Should cheer up Ms Sarah de Tute no end if she gets a few of these too:madgrin:

I would quite happily send them a letter regarding the sale of my debt to another company now that it has been brought to their attention said debt is SB, I would also add to that letter the fact todays letter from lowell does not mention that the debt will not be sold on/transfered, and this causes me concern and distress to think I may have to go through this process again another DCA.

I would go so far as to say I require written proof that the alleged debt will not be put back out for sale/transfer.

Edited by Alex_DeLarge

That sounds like my standard SB letter Alex!!

I'm sure Ms de Tute would luuurve that letter:madgrin::lol:

I recall reading a CSA memo regarding SB debts recently, it did mention that the debt should not be transfered or put back out for sale once the debtor states they will not be paying due to debt being SB, I will compose a short letter this evening.

I think that was in this article released by the CSA, Alex.

In essence, providing you work within legislation and guidance, collection of statute barred accounts is a legitimate activity. However, if your debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred, these accounts should be closed and your records updated appropriately. This will reduce the number of accounts that could be placed back out for collection or sale, which in turn could lead to complaint and create further issues for the industry in this area.

Stat barred debt[1].pdf

IMHO, if the DCA has been made aware of the Statute barred status and closed their own books, then that should be the end of it. To sell it on to another company is pretty disgraceful. If it were to happen, I would urge people to contact the OFT and perhaps even the Financial Ombudsman.

BCOBS

I am aware that the FCA would be interested too.

Have had exactly the same problem, alleged debt statute barred more than 2 years, and yet I am getting ,phone calls and letters demanding payment. they even admitted themselves that it was barred a week ago, said they would remove my telephone number etc, and yet I received yet another call this morning! Have now reported them to the Financial Ombudsman.