humiliated infront of co workers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Im looking for some advice and as this site was so helpful to me on a previous occassion i thought id come here first, the problem i have is as follows...

I have worked as an industrial cleaner in a food processing factory for two and a half years now, for the first 2 year the job was good my aprailsals were A+ for work, attitude, attendance my relationship with my supervisor was excellent.

From the begining of this year all the staff on the cleaning section have been having trouble getting holidays as every time we submitted a holiday form it was rejected by the supervisor who would state that she was of then and 2 people cant be of at the same time as theres only 5 in the cleaning section.

Our working week includes saturday and sunday and the supervisor was using her full holiday entitlement 28 days by taking only saturdays and sundays of leaving very little scope for the 5 remaining cleaners to book there holidays, then january the supervisor told the company she was leaving for another job she had been offered but had to wait for a crb check to be confirmed and didnt put in any notice to quit.

I was aproached by the MD of the company to ask if i would put in for the position when she left as i had acted as unpaid deputy supervisor in her absence.

When my supervisor found out i was to replace her there was a sudden change of attitude and became very distant and reluctant to speak then march of this year she anounced that she wont be leaving after all and this is where the problems really started.

My work load was increased so much that it was physicaly impossible to complete so a complaint was put in by her an interview was arranged with her manager and i explained what was starting to happen and would he keep an eye on the situation.

Since then i have probably been in the managers office atleast 10 times for minor complaints and all the while i explained the situation and what the supervisor was doing and she was trying to provoke me into reacting and looseing my temper whitch i never have.

Then june this year i tried to put in for a weeks holiday and was promptly told you cant have that week of as im of saturday and sunday i asked politely if it would be possible for us to have a calender put up in our canteen so we could check who is on holiday when and it would save a lot of confusion and arguments, the reaction i got was explosive, she lost control and started into me infront of my workmates with a torrent of abuse and bad language that went on for atleast 5 minutes.

I asked her not to swear or speak to me in that tone as she wouldnt like to be spoken to like that she then told all 4 of us in the canteen to f - off out the building and stormed of.

We returned to work and the next day i had a word with her manager but was fobbed of by him making up an excuse for her behaviour i then submitted a grievance the next day only to be told she had also done the same so it would be treated all as one, the very next day i was informed while at work that i was wanted by a senior manager in the main board room for my grievance hearing having not even been giving 24 hours notice i was interviewed about the incedent and all through the interview the chair person constantly made an excuse or gave a reason for her behaviour over the past 6 month.

The grievance however went in my favour and i was informed in writeing of this but there was nothing to say what steps were going to be taken by the company to make sure this didnt happen again or if any discaplinary action would be taken, i aproached the senior manager who conducted the grievance hearing to ask what was going to be done and was told she didnt have to tell me anything and it was up to the supervisor herself if she wanted to apologise.

Later the same day i was again taken into the boardroom with the same senior manager and subjected to an hour interview recorded on tape it soon became clear that i was the main subject and she was looking for ways to try and blame me the underlying issues for the supervisors behaviour i submitted a letter stateing i felt i was being victamised for bringing the supervisors bullying and abuseive behaviour to there attention...

any advice is gladly welcomed thanks ..geordie

Edited by stu007

hi

im looking for some advice and as this site was so helpful to me on a previous occassion i thought id come here first, the problem i have is as follows...

i have worked as an industrial cleaner in a food processing factory for two and a half years now, for the first 2 year the job was good my aprailsals were A+ for work, attitude, attendance my relationship with my supervisor was excellent

from the begining of this year all the staff on the cleaning section have been having trouble getting holidays as every time we submitted a holiday form it was rejected by the supervisor who would state that she was of then and 2 people cant be of at the same time as theres only 5 in the cleaning section

our working week includes saturday and sunday and the supervisor was using her full holiday entitlement 28 days by taking only saturdays and sundays of leaving very little scope for the 5 remaining cleaners to book there holidays, then january the supervisor told the company she was leaving for another job she had been offered but had to wait for a crb check to be confirmed and didnt put in any notice to quit,

i was aproached by the MD of the company to ask if i would put in for the position when she left as i had acted as unpaid deputy supervisor in her absence,

when my supervisor found out i was to replace her there was a sudden change of attitude and became very distant and reluctant to speak then march of this year she anounced that she wont be leaving after all and this is where the problems really started,

my work load was increased so much that it was physicaly impossible to complete so a complaint was put in by her an interview was arranged with her manager and i explained what was starting to happen and would he keep an eye on the situation

since then i have probably been in the managers office atleast 10 times for minor complaints and all the while i explained the situation and what the supervisor was doing and she was trying to provoke me into reacting and looseing my temper whitch i never have,

then june this year i tried to put in for a weeks holiday and was promptly told you cant have that week of as im of saturday and sunday. I asked politely if it would be possible for us to have a calender put up in our canteen so we could check who is on holiday when and it would save a lot of confusion and arguments. The reaction i got was explosive, she lost control and started into me infront of my workmates with a torrent of abuse and bad language that went on for atleast 5 minutes

i asked her not to swear or speak to me in that tone as she wouldnt like to be spoken to like that she then told all 4 of us in the canteen to f - off out the building and stormed off

we returned to work and the next day i had a word with her manager but was fobbed of by him making up an excuse for her behaviour. I then submitted a grievance the next day only to be told she had also done the same so it would be treated all as one. The very next day i was informed while at work that i was wanted by a senior manager in the main board room for my grievance hearing. Having not even been giving 24 hours notice i was interviewed about the incedent and all through the interview the chair person constantly made an excuse or gave a reason for her behaviour over the past 6 month.

The grievance however went in my favour and i was informed in writeing of this but there was nothing to say what steps were going to be taken by the company to make sure this didnt happen again or if any discaplinary action would be taken. I aproached the senior manager who conducted the grievance hearing to ask what was going to be done and was told she didnt have to tell me anything and it was up to the supervisor herself if she wanted to apologis.

Later the same day i was again taken into the boardroom with the same senior manager and subjected to an hour interview recorded on tape. It soon became clear that i was the main subject and she was looking for ways to try and blame me the underlying issues for the supervisors behaviour. I submitted a letter stateing i felt i was being victamised for bringing the supervisors bullying and abuseive behaviour to there attention...

any advice is gladly welcomed thanks ..geordie

Just split it up a bit to make ot easier to read xx

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I would ask for a mediated meeting between yourself and your supervisor to see if the air can be cleared, a holiday rota established, and harmony restored.

Be the bigger person and don't demand apologies; you are not children and your supervisor already knows she has "lost" and is being watched.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Make sure to keep a paper trail and diary of everything, even in the past, all the times the supervisor has been off with you, if you havnt done this yet then do so, be as accurate as to dates/days/times as possible and just keep recording everything, its priceless if you need it in future.

hi emmzzi

thanks for the prompt reply i have asked the supervisors manager also the MD of the factory before it even came to the grievance hearing if it would be possible to get me and the supervisor along with her manager or some other senior manager to do exactly that so we could resolve our differences and concentrate on work instead of turning into a battle but it seemed to have fallen on deaf ears and now the situation is getting way out of control

hi tezza

before it got to the grievance stage i kept a record of the supervisors behaviour and handed copies of this to her manager stating that it was not a complaint and that i was keeping an account so they are aware and would step in but nothing was done i have copies of all letters sent to them

I would ask for a mediated meeting between yourself and your supervisor to see if the air can be cleared, a holiday rota established, and harmony restored.

Be the bigger person and don't demand apologies; you are not children and your supervisor already knows she has "lost" and is being watched.

hi emmzzi

the apology really doesnt matter if im honest id rather get our working relationship back on track and have made this clear in both the grievance meeting the thing that does worry me slighly is this new investigation that aims to suggest i am responsible for the supervisors behaviour

Everyone is responsible for their own behaviour in the adult world.

For now be sweet as pie about everything, and show no initiative - just do your work with a cheery smile.

Hi geord1e

I have edited you 1 post for you and put some paragraphs to make it easier for others to read.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Everyone is responsible for their own behaviour in the adult world.

For now be sweet as pie about everything, and show no initiative - just do your work with a cheery smile.

hi emmzzi

thats exactly my plan but the supervisor refuses to talk to me which tends to make the job a tad harder but luckily enough i know what the job entails so can really just get on and do it

hi

I have worked as an industrial cleaner in a food processing factory for two and a half years now,

My work load was increased so much that it was physicaly impossible to complete.

I asked her not to swear or speak to me in that tone as she wouldnt like to be spoken to like that she then told all 4 of us in the canteen to f - off out the building and stormed of.

i was wanted by a senior manager in the main board room for my grievance hearing having not even been giving 24 hours notice.

Later the same day i was again taken into the boardroom with the same senior manager and subjected to an hour interview recorded on tape

It's good you have over two years' service, as you can go for unfair dismissal and constructive dismissal, to an Employment Tribunal, so they have to be a bit careful. Their increasing your work load would be part of a constructive dismissal claim, ie, they have made it too difficult for you to remain in your position, so you feel you have to leave.

There should be a Company Policy that covers disciplinary and grievance procedures. Swearing and shouting at you is bullying and probably under Company Policy it's gross misconduct, for which she could be sacked. The upper management will not want the service disrupted so may try to get rid of you.

There are rules to bringing you in for an interview in a grievance or disciplinary process. The Senior Manager had no right to record the interview unless he gave you a tape or CD at the end of the meeting. He should have given you proper notice and explained to you what the name of the meeting was, ie, an informal investigatory meeting. If anyone makes notes or minutes at a meeting, they must read out the notes at the end of the meeting, sign them and give all parties at the meeting a copy.

I do hope you are in a union. Make sure you are not seen to speak or moan to anybody else about this, as I am afraid you cannot trust your co-workers, and the manager/managers may work together against you to have normal service resumed, without the clash of personalities, which is what they will probably call it.

If it does get too difficult to remain, you would have a case with an employment tribunal, but it's not the best solution, so play the game as best you can, and try to avoid any more confrontation with your nasty person. Make sure your communications with your nasty person are not affected, ie, make sure the job doesn't suffer, so they can't use that against you. ACAS can be a bit useless sometimes, but on other times they can be useful, so you could always give them a call to discuss it. Do NOT mention ACAS to your managers or co-workers. ACAS number is 08457 474747.