Faulty TV from Currys **REPLACED BY WONDERFUL STORE STAFF RESOLVED**

vicr76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,:-)

I bought Television- Samsung UE46ES6800 from you on 05/01/2013. I now find the goods have the following fault:

Take too long to power on, too slow when changing channels and smart hub don't connect to network. Tv don't recognize network connected devices, slow in all processes...etc..

I contacted Samsung directly and after the visit by Samsung Engineer he advised to change the MAIN BOARD, which I don't agree as the TV is only 5 months old and I don't want a repaired premium TV only 5 month old. But after I visited Curry's store later and spoke to one of the manager in store he refused to replace the TV as he says its more than 28 days old and cannot be replaced as per their policy (he was very rude at the visit to store). As last resolution I have to send it to repair to Samsung service center.

Now the TV is back from repair center after changing Main Board the above mentioned problems still there along with the picture is really of poor quality now and still can't find any of my network connected devices. I again contacted Samsung and they again booked in for check and says they can't find any defect the the TV is good but when this time the technician who came to deliver the TV also tried to connect the devices but failed and even wrote this on delivery note.

So later I been to Curry's store back again and spoke to one of the staff and he promised that store manager will call me next day and took copy of the all documents along with my contact number but as usual they never bother to call me or contact me in any way. :mad2:

Can any body please suggest me what to do next.

Thanks in advance.....

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Hi All,

I bought Television- Samsung UE46ES6800 from you on 05/01/2013.

I now find the goods have the following fault:

Take too long to power on,

too slow when changing channels and

smart hub don't connect to network.

Tv don't recognize network connected devices,

slow in all processes...etc..

I contacted Samsung directly and after the visit by Samsung Engineer he advised to change the MAIN BOARD, which I don't agree as the TV is only 5 months old

and I don't want a repaired premium TV only 5 month old.

after I visited Curry's store later and spoke to one of the manager in store he refused to replace the TV as he says its more than 28 days old

and cannot be replaced as per their policy (he was very rude at the visit to store).

As last resolution I have to send it to repair to Samsung service center.

Now the TV is back from repair center after changing Main Board

the above mentioned problems still there along with the picture is really of poor quality now

and still can't find any of my network connected devices.

I again contacted Samsung and they again booked in for check and says they can't find any defect the TV is good

but when this time the technician who came to deliver the TV also tried to connect the devices but failed and even wrote this on delivery note.

I been to Curry's store back again and spoke to one of the staff and he promised that store manager will call me next day

and took copy of the all documents along with my contact number but as usual they never bother to call me or contact me in any way.

Can any body please suggest me what to do next.

Thanks in advance.....

Hmm, I am trying to type in soga so that you get a link.

Right it seems as though it has worked. Just hover over the link and follow :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

they've had one chance now

time for refund or replacement under SOGA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmm, it isn't working ! dx's link is though :)

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

is now under trading standards

that's why soga handcuff link is dead

its not been changed

• Confused 1

and they

Update........

Hi Guys...

Been to Currys store on last Friday and guess whataaa able to speake to the guy who sold us the TV and he is new manager now and his response was exceptional, outstanding... really help full that he even argued with Samsung to give him the code so he can exchange the TV but unfortunately as it was in late hours Samsung Manager said that he is going to call me back on Monday and sort this our....

Will update as soon as get a reply from samsung....:-o

Never, never , never buy a TV from Currys. Always buy from Costco. I have the same TV as you which kept turning itself off on it's own. I called them, they went through a list of things to do, I did it, left it a day, still had the fault and they said no problem, take it back for a full refund so I did.

• Confused 1

Step in the right direction then vic.. :)

BCOBS

Never, never , never buy a TV from Currys. Always buy from Costco. I have the same TV as you which kept turning itself off on it's own. I called them, they went through a list of things to do, I did it, left it a day, still had the fault and they said no problem, take it back for a full refund so I did.

You got a full refund considering they could have insisted on repair under SOGA, you did well.

So TV's from costco never break down then? All electrical devices break down, that's why manufacturers supply warranties.

TV's break down but Costco have the best returns policy in the industry. I was in there the other day and a guy rocked up with a trolley of beer, said his guests didn't drink it at his party and can he return it. Sure, no problem they said. Ok, so it's not a TV but you get the point.

And no, I don't work for Costco, I just think that highly of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Update guys.....

As always the Knowhow customer service is crap. My TV had again shut itself down completely and when the Samsung Service center picked it up I specifically asked them to don't carry out any repair just check it and let me know and let me decide what to do next. But as usual they never cared and repaired it and now the don't want to replace it as its already repaired.

Anyway I contacted Ombudsman and they are happy to take this case further. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I got my TV replaced with Samsung 2013 model which I chose to from Currys. After I refused by KnowHow and Samsung to replace the TV I just tried my luck going to the store last Friday and spoke to Dash who actually sold the TV to us and he helped us to replace it straight away within 5 minutes he spoke to KnowHow and managed to get a replacement code which was really impressive.

I really appreciate his effort and care towards customers problem....:-D

well done great result

dx

and they

Hi Dx,

Thanks.

Yeah it was a long wait for 2 months and lots of disappointments,

and really annoyed with KnowHow's and Samsungs reply to not replacing but to go for an another repair

the Sales Person(Dash) in Currys store, Ancoats, Manchester was really helpful.

It was a totally different experience visiting the store last time and speaking to a really unhelpful Manager few weeks back

but this is the second time I spoke to Dash and he was helpful both the times and he even asked us to come to him straight if we have any further problems.

Its good to know that the store got a really efficient and helping staff like him.

I really recommend him.