Court Proceedings against Barclays Partner Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been directed here by dx100uk from the Advent Computer Training forum.

I was an Advent Computer Training student in 2009/2010 shortly before the company went into Administration. At the time of signing up to the course, I was unemployed and under 21 which, according to the employee that was signing me up, I needed a guarantor to secure funding from Barclays Partner Finance (BPF). My mum became my guarantor and BPF paid for the course (£5950) with a 12 month interest free payback period. I was still doing the course a year later and incurred interest which made the amount owed rise to approx £12000. The company went into Adminstration shortly after. BPF apparently sourced Computeach to take over the course. During this time I was told to do nothing and I'll hear news soon. After getting on board with Computeach and getting the basic Technician qualification, I was then told by Computeach that I wouldn't be able to do the qualifications I had originally signed up to Advent to do (Adobe certification). I was told that their courses were similar but I wasn't told who they were certified with. During this time I was contacted only a couple of times by Telephone to see how I was doing. The last conversation I had (in August) with Computeach I was told I need to do my exam by November, for which I did not believe I was ready. Since the phone call I never heard from Computeach again. I was doubly upset as I signed up to Advent with no deadlines to any courses, I could proceed at my own pace.

I have since been to CAB about 6/7 times, had numerous phone calls with Consumer Direct (run by CAB). I was told to double check with Computeach if I was still a student. I wasn't. Then to write a letter to BPF to, essentially, ask for my money back and why (Advents breach of contract due to undelivered services, unsatisfied with the services provided). They replied to my mum as it was in her name saying no dice essentially. I then replied with a final demand before court action (as advised by CAB) stating I would take them to court. I also included an offer of Advanced Dispute Resolution. Again they said no.

At the moment I have just returned my Directions Questionnaire to the court and need some advice on how to win my case as I know others have been in the same position.

Thanks

What is your Particulars of Claim and what is their Defence? Can you type it out word for word, or scan in your Defence with personal details removed?

Can you explain how interest took the amount from 6k to 12k in just one year?

Have you contacted Computeach to ask them to take you back on the course and retake the exam?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Particulars of Claim? Their defence is basically "Computeach have come on board which has remedied everything". At the moment I don't have access to a scanner but I will definitely get access to one if it helps. To be honest, I can't fathom how the interest soared so much.. I haven't contacted Computeach, purely on the basis this whole situation has put me off training on, at the very least, long distance learning courses.

Particulars of Claim:

"In 2009 my son undertook an IT course provided by Advent Consulting Ltd., for this he needed financing in the form of a fixed-sum loan to pay for course fees (£5950) which was provided by the defendant. As he was unemployed and under 21, a guarantor was required, which I became. Advent went into administration 6 months after the course started. My son and I feel we have been let down by both companies. As stated in the agreement from the Defendant we are within our rights to sue if the contract is not fulfilled and/or we have received unsatisfactory services. I am talking the Defendant to court to reclaim any monie paid for the services we have not received and interest incurred on the loan."