Taking on the monster that is HSBC Bank

Justice_Seeker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im just about to start the ball rolling to reclaim all my charges over the last 15 months. I had never been overdrawn with HSBC until last summer. I had some difficulties and had to take time off work. I contacted them and explained my situation to them, i asked for a temporary overdraft of £150 for a period of 3 months, they declined it and i subsequently went overdrawn and charges were added to my account. I asked a further 3 times for an overdraft facility, i even went into my branch to discuss the matter but i was turned down flat.

I have since paid out somewhere in the region of £1,200 in charges over the last year or so.

I'll keep you posted on events as they unfold.

Regards

Justice Seeker

Good luck with the claim.

Frightening amount of charges for such a short space of time, you would though take time off work wouldnt you, all your fault then as the banks would have been more than willing to help you out and give a bit of leeway (NOT).

They are amazing in handling customers who face unforeseen and unavoidable problems, a great opportunity for them to bleed you dry and make you pay for your misfortune.

Go get em

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds first thing in the morning.

HSBC, they tried they failed, they coughed up in full

To all the others beware i am heading your way next.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok I've had my statements from HSBC, Now im about to send the letter asking for my wonga back but im not sure how i calculate the interest, ive looked at the templates but im still unsure. Do i charge at the rate of 8%?

A quick answer to this question would be appreciated as im using a friends pc to do all this work on and ive taken up enough of his time already.

hi JS - which interest are you trying to calculate? Is it the overdraft interest you've been charged or are you seeking to add interest on to your claim?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay i sent the first letter complete with list of charges, the 14 days in which they had to reply has expired, so im about to send the final letter giving them a further 14 days before i commence court proceedings (Getting slightly worried now) Is it common that they dont act on this initial letter, instead prefering to wait to see if i have the b*lls to take it further? I've also been sending all my correspondants to 8 Canada Square, Should i have sent the letters to my own branch?

Yes, if they don't answer the second letter, you file a claim.

Normally, then DG Solicitors will write to you, probably offer half the amount, and then the full amount.

And don't worry, if they issue their intent to defend - that's getting more normal. They'll be swamped with all the claims that are getting filed against them so they do it to give them more time.

Dani

• 1 month later...

Recieved a letter in the post from HSBC this morning appologising for the delay in answering my letters. They're offering me £1,090 pounds as full and final settlement of the claim, as i was only claiming £1,208 i think i'll accept the offer, they also want to pay it into the account which is currently overdrawn, as i no longer use that account can i insist on the money being paid to me by way of a cheque?

Recieved a letter in the post from HSBC this morning appologising for the delay in answering my letters. They're offering me £1,090 pounds as full and final settlement of the claim, as i was only claiming £1,208 i think i'll accept the offer, they also want to pay it into the account which is currently overdrawn, as i no longer use that account can i insist on the money being paid to me by way of a cheque?

I accepted HSBC's offer of £1090 subject to them paying me by cheque and not directly into the account as they wanted. they have ignored this request and paid the funds into the account. Is there anything i can do about this? I would'nt normally have minded but the account was overdrawn by £600.

Guest tlusnoc

Personally, I don't see a problem with them paying it into your account. At the end of the day the account is overdrawn and like it or not that money has to be paid back. You have got your charges back and your overdraft is now cleared.

yes but my claim was for charges up until 31st November, there are charges for december of nearly £200 and a further £75 to be added at the end of this month. there offer of £1090 was to take into account decembers charges aswell, which i was prepared to agree to provided they paid me by cheque. so as far as im concerned i no longer agree to that figure due to the fact i was'nt paid by cheque as i requested. Should i just file a new claim at the end of the month for £275?