can you beat my record

Guest HUSBANDKHAN
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

i am claiming against the following banks:

barclays current £400 estimate

lloyds approx £500

capital one £900

barclays old default £1300

barclaycard should be approx £1000 over 4 years

alliance and leics £250

natwest

telewest

3g

jbw enforcement

ccs enforcements

can anybody beat this record ?

Some people have beaten that with just one bank - 17k from Lloyds - 12k from Abbey.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

i spoke to a chap on the phone and asked him how much it would cost for a copy of every statement since i joined barclays and he said £5 and said 4-6 days delivery. asked the same question to barcklaycard and they want £3 per statement which is 50 x£3 waiting for a reply on my sar . lowell finance have gone quiet. nobody knows me there depite a lengthy chat etc.

Why have you rang requesting statements? you are supposed to write using the sar request under date protection act, requesting a TOTAL LIST OF CHARGES relating to your banking history with them, in statement form if they so wish, you are not supposed to simply request statements, that is why they quoted you that figure, and why phone?

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

i have recently noticed that what ever my available balance i can stil withdraw £50 over this from a cash machine. anybody notice this ? i have had no notifications or anything about this. try this as a cash back and it is refused. is there is rule that this bank is trying to play with or is it just to sting people with extra charges ?

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

I am still waiting for my sar. i need these for another thing. i am changing bank accounts and the statements would sort this side as i need them to match my current overdraft and also facilities i have with this bank. ill have swapped banks by the time the sar comes through.

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

sent my sar off and then a chaser letter recieved this letter back from barclays.:

We refer to your letter of 19th september,which was passed to this dept for comment due to your request for certain information, relating to bank charges, under the terms of the dpa.

Please be aware that the bank is not under any obligation to present information according to any particular format. Therefore,your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. You my of course obtain this data from copy statements. further on he states :

As regards to your mention of manual intervention. the dpa does not oblige the bank to comment about internal policies and procedures. etc etc

We would therefrore not be covered by a s.7 dpa subject to access report.

peter townsend

01565 614000

what do i do now ?

Hi.....This 'Standard Reply' from Barclays just means they will not add up or itemise thier charges for you, they put the onus on you to do it yourself when you are in possession of your copy statements. Just wait for your copy statements to arrive and then go through them very carefully with an highlighter pen and accumulate all the charges on your account! Then you can begin the process of recovery.

Jendoc

I am sure he stated that your statements will arrive in due course, this is a bog standard letter, you need to read all the longer threads in this section to give you an idea of what to expect in terms of repsonse from them....