BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Welcome to the forum – but the first thing to say is that would like you to avoid posting your story in a solid block of text because it makes it very difficult to read on a screen. It will be very helpful if you can make your post properly spaced and punctuated. That way people will find it easy to deal with and you get enthusiastic support and advice
    • No I haven’t moved. Thats why I’m confused they never had my address 
    • Ok so i understand this right, you are saying that the default date in regards to statute of limitations is the day after the 14 days has expired on the default notice after ignoring the notice?   In this example and it's a true account as i've seen the letters   Default notice received dated 18th February, account needs to be brought update by the 21st March. Letter dated 28th March informing a default has been registered on the account and full balance now due. Date of of default registered on credit file is 28th March   For statute of limitations purpose then the 22nd March not the 28th March as registered with cra is the key date     
    • Hey everyone, as I'm new here I'd just like to give every1 a big hello 😃. My 1st question is, am I legally entitled to ask my loan provider for a full summary statement of my account including all interest charges?  I am experiencing issues with a loan provider. They sent me a statement out in january with what I though was an error. When I rang them up to query it, they said that the numbers was correct it's just the system couldn't generate an accurate statement and that the number in front of them was correct and the statement I received wasnt accurate but it looks like there was nearly £300 interest added in 1 month on what at the time was around £1,900 outstanding balance. This has went on for months with them ringing me basically threatening me over the phone with damaged credit ratings etc, for missing payments but I said I wasn't making any payments until they sent me an accurate summary of my account with all the interest and payments in and out of the account. They have sent me and attachment on an email with something that looks like something someone knocked up on word which is even more confusing than the last statement, even worse, it doesn't show any interest charges on the account. Providing the original query was for incorrect interest charges I find this extremely frustrating. Now they have sent a letter and an email saying if I dont pay the last few months payments by the 14th of June they are proceeding with legal action. I dont have that cash spare at the minute with me being on a reduced wage at the moment. Any help or advice is going to be hugely appreciated and I think yous all in advance.
    • dx100uk, Noted, thank you. Also an oversight on my part for not hiding my address -put it down to a Senior moment.
  • Our picks

• View this quiz Employment status during COVID-19
      What do you do if you’ve been told not to come to work due to the current crisis.  Watch the video here or on the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page.

Did you learn anything? Do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 0 replies
    • One Parking Solutions - Damning judgement. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421148-one-parking-solutions-damning-judgement/
      • 63 replies
    • View this quiz Coping with extreme hardship
      Life can be tough when you're entering the world of work and in the present virus crisis, things are even more difficult.

Watch the video below or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page . Afterwards, you can see if you've understood the points which are being made by taking the quiz.

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
    • View this quiz: Pre-pay meters
      An explanation of how some gas and electric companies offer emergency quarantine support.

Watch the video here – or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page and watch it there. Then come back here and do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 6 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2511 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Morning All

Can anyone clariffy please.

Does the Landlord or there agents have to put a deposit from October 2006, into a TPS,

my ex landlord seems to think that they had no legal obligation to do so.

Thanks

Leakie

Yes I believe so, we did this with our property as a requirement when first rented out in 2006.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

In England and Wales, if you rent your home on an assured shorthold tenancy that started after 6 April 2007, your landlord must place your deposit in one of the following tenancy deposit protection (TDP) schemes.

Please look at this Government link will give you more information: https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-protection/overview

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

the problem comes if the tenancy reverts to a PST after the 7th April 2007; the deposit must be protected as it is deemed a new contract; the original AST has ended. ( this has been decided in a recent court case ).