Clothes for new job.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I start a new job that requires a specific code of dress is the employer legally bound to supply the attire or reimburse the employee?

It's just I started a new job the other day and he wants black trousers, black shirt and black shoes, which I didn't have so he said he would reimburse me. I got the shirt and trousers and used my good black leather shoes which are really expensive and i am definitely not working in. He covered me for the trousers and shirt but is now saying I have to pay for the shoes!

It's only part time and a pair of shoes is like half my flipping wages.

Where do I stand on this?

unless you need steel toe cap boots, you stand in the discount aisle at TK Maxx with the rest of us. You've done well to get a pair of breeks out of it frankly.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

"the job lot?"

"it's their fault?"

regretting replying now.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I think em meant she hasnt a clue what you are talking about, and even though she gave the correct answer, you don't seem to want to follow the advice given.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What advice was given? I asked a question, and she answered it. End of matter.

The Job Lot = The Job Centre (cf. new ITV comedy about the job centre...) Didn't think it was that hard to work that one out.

Also, they made me get a job. That's what they do. That's all. Not trying to trick anyone here...

The Job Lot = The Job Centre (cf. new ITV comedy about the job centre...) Didn't think it was that hard to work that one out.

Also, they made me get a job. That's what they do. That's all. Not trying to trick anyone here...

They are people doing a job with a difficult clientele.

And look, it worked! You got a job! But you say they MADE you get a job. Do you not want one then?

And you are having attitude about it. And patronising me.

Nice.

A very odd request. Many places require black shoes (including part-time jobs at places like McDonalds and supermarkets). You can get very cheap black shoes from somewhere like M&S or Tescos - been awhile since I bought my work clothes from there but they used to be around 20-30 quid.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

They are people doing a job with a difficult clientele.

And look, it worked! You got a job! But you say they MADE you get a job. Do you not want one then?

And you are having attitude about it. And patronising me.

Nice.

Not at all.

It was a joke. But joking aside, they ARE making me get a job against my will. I'm in private sector leasing which means I'm no better off IF I get a f/t job, not to mention I'd be working to mostly line the pockets of some greedy landlord. On top of that I have had some health problems, which may be chronic fatigue syndrome, but ATOS disagree and so therefore as a compromise I have found a p/t job, which hopefully wont be too problematic for me owing to the fact that I live underneath a family of ignorant noisy aholes with small children who run around on a laminate floor all hours of the day and night, not to mention the constant moving of furniture.

I'd also like a job growing a natural herbal sleeping remedy, something that would be self employed and also very lucrative and something I am very interested in and passionate about, but sadly they wont allow that. So I have to get a job in a bar serving alcohol to alcoholics instead.

Hope that clarifies my position enough for you. Thanks for the answers anyhow.

If you have to maintain your workwear yourself, you can claim on your tax

Nice one. Will look into that. Cheers.

We4 would all like a job we want/trained for if you want ton go self employed do so.and stop judging everyone else, just because y6ou are in a bar dosent make you an alcoholic, and as for shoes not even going there.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

We4 would all like a job we want/trained for if you want ton go self employed do so.and stop judging everyone else, just because y6ou are in a bar dosent make you an alcoholic, and as for shoes not even going there.

I can't because it's illegal! There's a market for it, but the men in black don't allow people to expand their business ventures in this direction. Capiche?

And the bar I work in, they're all alkies believe me. Not judging them for it, just explaining what I meant by being 'made to get a job'. I've probably served millions of pounds worth of drinks to people in my life, yet somehow I don't have two pennies to rub together right now. Yet all the companies I worked for are minted, some of them millionaires. What's that if it's not a form of capitalist slavery.

ah. school holidays. I get it now. Heat making me slow....

"they made" you whatever happened to wanting to work and better yourself ..?

Ok, I think the OP's question has been answered - I am now closing this thread.

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks