TV licencing. Don't have TV but I got 7 years of hassle....

olik

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't have TV.

Never had one.

Never likely to.

So why do I get the hassle?

Because I don't have a licence at my address.... Is what they say?

I'm getting seriously tired of this. Videoing the goons ain't gonna stop it?

I've invited the DHs to inspect my home once, to no effect. I still get regular post from the numbskulls. No way is another one invading my privacy.

Best advice is what?

Report them to Police for harassment?

Seven years I been putting up with this.

The next one turning up at my door better be very careful.

I don't have the money for serious lawyers, so what is an innocent member of the public supposed to do?

Put up with the harassment?

I don't think so.

Advice/further knowledge very welcome.

John.

Contact ofcom. Get a full complaint into tv licensing. If they dont stop, take them to scc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for that renegade imp (Do like the monicker; ) I will investigate the Ofcom path.

As to TV Licensing, I wasn't aware that they had any sensible policy on this. All I've done in the last year or so is bin anything with TV Licensing on the envelope, along with the other mountain of junk mail that arrives here, unwanted, every Tuesday. I've written to TVL I don't know how many times, with no effect whatsoever. (Over 7 years I mean) I even invited one of them up to my flat (I'm in a small block of six, with no video entrance equipment/system, so when my bell rings I have to go down to see who it is.) about 2 years ago. He poked his head round the door and left rapidly telling me 'it would be sorted'. 18 months later the whole process repeats itself. It's an endless cycle it seems to me.

I've checked the Youtube vids and know the basics. Probably/hopefully. What I'm saying is this: I object to being harassed by the numbskulls (on minimum wage no doubt, working for that particular crew) from this "Authority" and seem to be unable to do anything about it.

I genuinely do not have a TV. Never had one, and likely never will. I do have two PCs which I spend far too long in front of to even think about spending more time watching crap from any TV station. Ironically I'm soon eligable for a free licencse.... Born December 1946....

It never ends, and I still have the capacity to be angry about it. But why should I have to put up with this nonsense???

My local MP is a total waste of space. A rich Tory dwarf, (sorry, vertically challenged is the PC version), who likes to get his face in the local paper for trivial pursuits, (often pictured with children. Ring a bell?) but nothing remotely controversial. Introducing, Richard Graham MP. Friend of DC I bet. He just rides smaller horses....

Ofcom here I come.

Results reported here.

Thanks.

John.

(Ex Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire. Same county at least; )