Long term Sickness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been on sick leave from work for 6 months. Initially I had a sort of stress induced breakdown which was a dreadful time- I then had an exploratory operation and have since been diagnosed with 2 problems - one which can possibly be fixed with another operation and the other is a long term chronic disorder which makes me tired and more likely to injure myself doing the job I do which is physically demanding at times. Occupatioanl health have advised I am not fit for work at present while I try out some medication. I am having meeting with my linemanager and HR rep next week. The thing is I am not sure I can ever go back after the episode of depression I had - There is some one at work who I really not get on with and though she is good at her job in many ways and is probably also under a great deal of stress her behaviour is very unpleasant- it is mainly one of blanking me if she sees me, being unsupportive / unhelpful if I ask for guidance / advice about issues that affect my work yet she is in position where she should provide such support.

I don't know how much I should mention this next week as I have not made any formal complaints about this person though my line manager knows informally.If anyone has any advice about my circumstances I would be grateful . My emplyer is large health organisation and I have been working for them for 7 years.

I'd say nothing and see how you feel once your meds are right - this is probably not a great time to be making decisions

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!