• Tweets

• A South Korean court sentenced Lee Jae Yong to two and a half years in prison. View the full article
    • To add to the weight of evidence this is fraud, do you have (or can you get) proof of what the cost of the Special Delivery was?. If they paid for the weight of an envelope containing a piece of paper, they won't have paid for the cost of sending a laptop (given it is much heavier) ...... You should also contact ActionFraud.
    • @dx100uk, I'm afraid you've got this wrong. My fear of compromising my defence wasn't with regards my response to DCB Legal's initial letter per se. It was more in reference to any subsequent advice posted on this thread by other forum members and I was only being wary due to the numerous instances when some have cautioned about parking companies and their legal reps trawling these pages to stay a step ahead.   As I did also state however, I'm happy to provide full details of that initial reply to DCB Legal and have therefore reproduced it below. Thanks.    
    • China's economy grew at 2.3% for the year, making it the only major economy to see growth last year. View the full article
    • more: extend the contract line by....   contract exists between the claimant and the landowner which assigns the claimant the right to enter contracts with the public and make claims in their own name. I put the claimant to strict proof that such a contract exists.   1st few lines like this:   1.I am the defendant in this matter.   Any documentary evidence relied upon by me in this, my statement will be referred to and produced as exhibits RSS1, exhibit RSS2 and so on, and are labelled and attached accordingly.   All exhibits are listed below List of Exhibits    2. In this Witness statement, the facts and matters stated are true and within my own knowledge, unless indicated otherwise.   3. I am the registered of the vehicle, xxxxxx   4. I am not liable to the claimant for the sum claimed, or any amount at all.   just sign and date at the end no statement of truth is needed sorry.   dx        
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Afternoon all,

I moved into our house via a mutual exchange 2 years ago.

Since then I have been receiving some debt collectors for the previous tenants.

I have sent them back - no longer at this address etc, and even rung the companies saying they don't live here they live at my old address, both have said they will take the address off but still they come.

So I am now going to send there letters back with a invoice for my time and see what happens with that.

Will let you know how I get on

JJ

Yes, please do let us know what the outcome of this is. If you haven't already sent this letter/invoice.. it might be worth using their Head/Registered office address if it is different to the collection address.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The funny thing was when I spoke to one of them and told them where they lived they said that they couldn't do anything as I was the person addressed too.

After a bit of arguing with them both, they agreed to put a note on their system and mark them on the gone away record.

Sadly I haven't had a door step collector knock my door yet.

I will do as you say and send the letter to their head office and will let you know how I get on

JJ

Not lazy, bone idle, they just want everyone to roll over and pay them without querying the validity of the debt or the DCAs right to pursue it.

If they continue to pursue you and keep making contact by any means, letter, e-mail, sms text or phone calls, then it will need a letter before

action citing harassment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would also check your credit files to make sure that there are no links to the debtor on your record.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 months later...

Well I finally got a response from Moorcroft saying they will finally take my address off their database and will update their records.

Sadly they wont pay my invoice (Boo Hiss)

But I now have had another debt collector write to my address regarding the previous tenant so here we go again.

JJ

If you have opened one of the letters, do you know who the original creditor is ? Perhaps write to them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D