Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2643 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Read the reply carefully. Theyre still in breach of oft guidance and are trying to make it look like its your fault

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

I think they are running scared here. Why would they not want you to contact the FOS? Are they already in trouble?

Personally, I would offer them half the amount they want (£85) and refuse their 'kind' request of not going to FOS. There is plenty of other grounds to carry on with the complaint (harassment)

No fault basis. CRAP! They are at fault and they know it.

If they do accept your offer make sure it that any (fictitious) balance is not passed on to any other DCA.

As for Marshall Hoare and NDR, ignore. they are just Toothfairy in disguise.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Larholt and his company are already under investigation. Oft have been taking witness statements about him as well

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I know they are. We have given a witness statement. I intend to make it very clear that whatever we settle for paying to clear the debt off my complaints remain and will not be withdrawn. They reckon that they did cancel the CPA when they said they would but they still bombarded me with daily texts and emails saying that they were going to take money and then when they couldn't. Surely this goes against that? And surely e

Even if they did why cancel it why have they let me spend the last eight months thinking they are trying to take my money....I had already switched banks and cancelled with the bank so they couldn't anyway!

And I am really hammering home the harassment thing? Wonder if I can mention the Harassmenf Act 1997 and remind them that I am entitled to take civil action?

About the CPA...

we believe the firm has displayed a significant degree of forbearance by not reinstating CPA.

Sorry Larholt ( i know you'll be reading this). FCA regulation is clear and supercedes any sense of priority you may have in your mind about your silly terms and conditions. Onec it is cancelled, thats it. You cannot reinstate it without the authority of the account holder.

Thats larholt for you. It's only a matter of time before he gets caught now.

If they were harassing you with telephone calls then there are two judgments that you can point them to.

http://www.allpaylegal.com/news/robe...ppeal-12062013

"Roberts v Bank of Scotland plc and another appeal

In respect of the harassment appeal, the claimant had made it

perfectly clear that she had not wanted to speak to the bank, and she

had been perfectly entitled to do so. Once the bank had phoned a few

times, it had been clear that no progress was to be made. Further

calls had been futile and should have been stopped. The judge had been

right to characterise the calls as intimidation and they had been

wholly unjustified. In respect of quantum, there was no possible

ground for interfering with the judge's assessment of damages.

and

Harrison v Link

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/...e/2011/B3.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Lottilox85,

The only reason I can think of for them to want you to withdraw your complaint with fos is to save the 550 GBP it will cost them if this goes through fos. Webloanprocessing does not really care how many complaints via OFT or fos they receive, they care about the money.

I would agree to them to withdraw fos and I would try to negotiate the 170 GBP down even further, e.g. by offering 100 GBP (which is roughly in the middle between 42 GBP and 170 GBP), but this is only my opinion.

24/7 Moneybox: 195.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

British Pearl/Spondoolies: 752.10 - Oustanding: 0.00

Cash on go/Peachy: 206.30 - Oustanding: 0.00

EarlyPayday: 325.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Lending Stream: 1398.46 - Oustanding: 0.00

MicroLend: 780.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Minicredit: 520.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

MonthEndMoney/PaydayUK: 937.50 - Oustanding: 0.00

MrLender: 715.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Pounds2Pocket: 2328.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

QuickQuid: 1800.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

SafeLoans: 450.50 - Oustanding: 0.00

Speed-E-Loans: 516.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

SwiftSterling: 1295.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Toothfairy Finance: 544.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

TxtLoan: 450.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

WageDayAdvance: 670.80 - Oustanding: 0.00

Wonga: 1336.86 - Oustanding: 0.00

Total: 15220.52 - Oustanding: 0.00

The reason they want the complaint withdrawn is because they dont want the regulators to see what they are up to. Remember, larholt and co are under heavy investigation right now. The regulators are even taking witness statements so it shows how seriously they are taking it.

If you agree to withdrawing the complaint, you may as well be employed by toothfairy and become larholts best friend.

Withdrawing my complaint will not be happening, that's not open for negotiation! I've been told by a lady at citizens advice that the FOS have been forcing quite a few companies into giving compensation recently so it could be more than the £550 investigation fee. Im not after compensation although we have suffered months of hell from this company. we were stupid and got into a mess with a lot of companies but these have been evil to deal with. I do find it it quite amusing that even if I pay them the £170 they want I will still have cost them over £150! My loan was only £200 and I have paid £220 already! But they are gonna have to fork out for my complaint! Karma for you!!!

Withdrawing my complaint will not be happening, that's not open for negotiation! ...Karma for you!!

and they tried so hard to avoid it going to the ombuds :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant: