Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5153 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok, now i am in the right thread, let me give you a little update. 19th Sept sent prelim letter requesting £444 in total. 3rd Oct received letter from Halifax offering £268 as "goodwill gesture" then in next sentence threatened to close my account! 9th Oct i sent my LBA declining offer but accepting as part settlement and still pursuing remainder. 18th Oct received letter from Halifax saying as i did not accept their offer they will not be refunding me any of the charges i am claiming , and again threatened to close my account.

My question is, that i am due to file my MCOL on 23rd Oct and inbetween times i have been charged another £30 fee. Can I include this in my MCOL even though it has not been included in any of my letters.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Yes you can. It might also be worth reminding the bank that the Banking Standards people have already advised banks not to take retaliatory action by closing accounts.

• Confused 1

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Give 'em a little eXtra!

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

OK, filed my MCOL yesterday. Hopefully just sit back & wait now. Do I have to let the moderators know about this, sure I read it somewhere. How do I do this. Can I also just ask, I live in Preston and the Halifax address I am using is in Halifax, but the MCOL have served the papers through Northampton County Court, is this right?

That is OK. PM your claim details to a Mod for inclusion. Good luck!

Jeep (The Wife & I)