Wonderful DVLA

scaniaman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our wonderful, highly efficient DVLA has all your info on computer, so that when you want to tax your car they know if it's insured and MOTd.

Transaction can be done over the net.

They also offer a service wherebye you can select and purchase a private registration plate on the net.

So how is it that they inform me it takes at least 5 WEEKS to send me a new V5 for a car i purchased privately????

Why can't this relatively simple task be completed by computer???:-x

There's something about government departments. Only yesterday there was something on telly, I think about the health service, and they were saying it can take up to a year to get the records.

Why, all it takes is a few keystrokes on a computer and press the print button.

This reminds me of a joke I heard a while ago about an ex soldier who that his testicles blown off and was given a job in the civil service and told that the job start time was 0800 but he didn't have to come in until 10:00. When he as why, he was told 'because we spend the first couple of hours scratching our balls'.

Our wonderful, highly efficient DVLA has all your info on computer, so that when you want to tax your car they know if it's insured and MOTd.

Transaction can be done over the net.

They also offer a service wherebye you can select and purchase a private registration plate on the net.

So how is it that they inform me it takes at least 5 WEEKS to send me a new V5 for a car i purchased privately????

Have you applied for the V5C yourself?

Sounds about right, it is 'up to' 5 weeks if the V5C was sent to DVLA by the seller (but usually a lot quicker), and 'at least' 5 weeks if they didn't and you apply for the V5C yourself. (which is why I asked)

hows about this for how good the dvla are

i renew my d/l every 3 years due to disability

march changed address had mail forwarded for 6 mths

may contacted dvla about renewal on med grounds

drivers med group sent me the forms and letter stated no photo was required rang 6 weeks ago to be told it had been rejected as no photo, they explained this away by saying some one had made a mistake still waiting for forms to be returned, sent another batch in with d1 this time and photo, they say theyve not had it but the sig on the recorded delivery says they have. sent one fri by s/d received and signed for on the sat rang them they say theyve not got it, emailed complaints got reply back that they have not got it,

this may seem a miserable grip to a lot of members oh well but i need a sec 88 declaration (permission to drive whilst enquiries are being made) by 25 july mrs sopwith going spare as our holiday is looking like its up the spout as we need to hire a vehicle

any suggestions would be greatly accepted