confused about PIP

sparky514
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been reading this http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2013/june/our-free-claiming-pip-guide

And I'm confused about the claiming procedure, regarding the phone call to invite you to claim PIP, presently my DLA runs out in December, normally I would get a form through the post, does this not happen anymore? from what I've read of the above, the DWP ring you up and ask you some questions, and based on your answers, they then decide if you can claim or not, in the above doc it gives you the questions, but I can't remember what page it's on, any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Hi there. I'm afraid DLA and PIP are not benefits I know much about, but there are usually other folks around in the evening. Hopefully you should get some more information then.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

My understanding of what happens is that sometime before your dla runs out, you'll be sent a letter saying 'your dla is due to run out x date, and if you want to claim the new benefit pip instead, call this number'.

You then call and they ask you some questions over the phone and then send out a form for you to complete. You send back the completed form with supporting evidence, and you're either called for a face to face assessment or not. Thenyou get a letter to tell you if you've been awarded pip or not.

Your dla stays in payment until you get a decision.

Is that what you wanted to know?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

ty Antone and Estellyn, the thing that gets me is the phone call, and the questions they are going to ask, from what I've read, they make a decision on whether you can claim PIP on the answers you give them, during the call, if that makes sense. But thank you anyway xx Will just have to wait and see what happens, I will post when my PIP journey begins lol xx

I have to say that makes no sense at all. Some of us (including me) have disabilities which mean that we struggle to explain what we really mean and can sometimes misunderstand questions. For example, if you ask me if I can out to the shop and buy a few things unaided, I could say yes. But I may get to the shop and need help.

Unfortunately, this is a whole new subject area for us. Until we get reports from people or go through it ourselves we're rather in the dark. I'm hoping to do more research on it when my laptop comes back from computer hospital, both in order to help people here, and because I'm likely to go through it myself later this year when we move house (relevant change of circs).

Sorry we can't tell you more yet.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop