Expected lifespan of a nissan primastar gearbox

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2800 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone on here can help me,

I have a nissan primastar van and the gearbox is on its way out.

My question is what is a reasonable mileage to expect from a gearbox for a commercial vehicles gearbox. My 2008 van has done 70000 miles and has a full service history.

I am aware of the sale of goods act and that it should be fit for reasonable use, however 70000miles for a commercial doesnt seem to be right.

Does anybody know of any claims or law suits against any vehicle manufacturer concerning gearbox lifetimes that i can use as evidence to back up my claim to nissan, or any kind of promotional material claims a gearbox should last for xxx miles. So far nissan have been completely dismissive and rejected my claim.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

depends how you drive and whether its been looked after,is the mileage genuine,is it the original gearbox etc,5 year old theres a lot a room to slip out,maybe the vehicles been overloaded a lot,who knows

What is the service history? Is it up to date and with Nissan dealers or a bit of a miss mash. Have you owned it from new? How is the van generally used..mostly urban or long distance deliveries?