Correct me if i am wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The idea of giving someone points for speeding. I thought that the system was fair. What i cant actually get around is. If points and a fine are given why is the driver the persecuted by the insurance company ?

So whats cooking today ?

perceived a greater risk

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no, that's just a penalty for wrong doing.

the insurance companies, quite rightly, then view you as being untrustworthy, so potentially more of a risk

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no, that's just a penalty for wrong doing.

the insurance companies, quite rightly, then view you as being untrustworthy, so potentially more of a risk

dx

I am not sure "untrustworthy" is the appropriate word here. I would view it that they think you are a higher risk because by speeding, that by definition is much more dangerous than driving within the limit and therefore you are much more likely to have an accident which would cost them money.

I cant remember the word i need to use. Not a knock on effect but like when you have have been dealt with by a court of law then in effect this is a direct result of it and is ____________ ? What is the word i am missing ?

So whats cooking today ?

I cant remember the word i need to use. Not a knock on effect but like when you have have been dealt with by a court of law then in effect this is a direct result of it and is ____________ ? What is the word i am missing ?

indicative?

Life?

A bit like how if you're convicted of theft you might find it difficult to get a job in a bank. Or if you're convicted of kiddie fiddling, you might find that your neighbours politely decline your offers to babysit their children. It's not persecution, it's just people making a reasonable judgement about you based on your convictions.

You might be thinking of double jeopardy or autrefois convict - the principle that you can't be convicted of the same offence twice. If so you're misapplying it, as an insurance quote is not a second trial.

Insurers ARE limited in how they can treat your convictions by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, which is why they only ask about convictions in the last 5 years. That's how long it takes most motoring convictions to become spent, and after that time they cannot legally treat you differently from someone who has never been convicted of an offence. Until then, they can treat convictions as they see fit.

It is the perception of insured risk. If you speed and hit something them the greater kinetic energy causes more damage and the insurer has to pay out more money.

Conversely, if you are a doddey old git and people keep running into the back of you your insurance will still go up decause your driving style is perceived as a risk. That is why the insurance costs for women over 55 is close to that of youngsters, they keep hitting things 9not very fast, admittedly, but very frequently)