Response to notice of intention to defend

ianbrown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:cool: I have just received the Court notice that Lloyds Tsb have indicated an intention to defend the case, and will enter a defence before the 30th October.

I have written to the court asking that as the Bank have sent me three letters saying they have made their final response and given the size of the Bank and their in house solicitors then I would request that if they apply for a stay to settle the matter the Court rejects it.

I'm not sure of the legal status, but I would hope the Judge would at least be made aware of the delaying tactics which might help future claimants.

Herewith (this legal language does get to you !) I attach a copy of my letter. I'm not a lawyer so please don't take it as gospel but you might want to try your own variant of it.

Messrs Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell

Department So

PO Box 499

Lower Ground Floor

1-5 Queens Road

Brighton

BN1 3XJ

CC The Court Manager County Court

20th October 2006

Sirs

Re claim for recovery of unlawful charges in the Cardiff County Court

Claim Number Your ref .

I understand that you have responded to my claim indicating an intention to defend.

The date by which you will have to file a defence is I understand the 30th October.

In order to assist the Court and not waste time by taking this matter to the brink and then you offering a last minute settlement as I understand you have done so far in all cases of this nature, I am prepared to listen to any offers of settlement you may have.

For your assistance I can be contacted by post at my home address,

Or on my mobile telephone at

I would however note that I have received three letters from Lloyds TSB containing sentiments similar to this quote

“Thank you for your letter. I have noted your comments, but unfortunately I cannot add any further information to our previous letter or agree to your request. Since the banks final response has been issued, I must advise you that we will not be entering into any further correspondence regards the points you have raised.”

Given these comments and my readiness to discuss settlement I trust you as a large company with experience in this field will not seek to vacillate in this matter by seeking a stay in order to secure a settlement. I am now and have been since I instigated this case, ready to discuss a settlement.

Yours Sincerely