Can I Only Claim For The Last 6 Years?

jmac999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have just sent my first letter to ask for refund of charges. My concern is that it took so long for me to get statements from Natwest that some of the charges I am claiming are for October 2000 onwards. I am worried that by the time I send of my N1 (after the LBA) it will have passed the 6 year mark.

The other thing is that the "statments" are infact print outs but are headed woith CMS (credit management services) Telford name. They do not have Natwest header.

Finally I am still waiting for another 6 month worth of statements which I am sure will also have these charges on them. Should I send seperate LBA's if I get them soon? Or should I stagger the letters and do two court claims for the total. I know the time delay I have too give them but I want to start court asap.

Kind Regards

JMAC999

The date you claim is from prelim stage onwards although some on here are claiming from earlier than the 6 year period. Credit Management Services are what was formally the Natwest Insolvency and Debt Recovery Department(IDRD) It is Natwest. Welcome to the CAG and Good Luck

The prelim stage is when you have all your statements and added up what they owe you , you send them a letter called a Preliminary approach for repayment. You will find this in the bank template library .It would be helpful to you to read the step by step guid .http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Thanks Frank,

Ive sent my prelim letter and got the standard response 3 days ago. Today sent the lba letter but only for the first couple of years because natwest are stilll draggin their feet about sending the rest and i wanted to start the ball rolling, Fingers crossed this was the right thing to do?!

I sent the LBA prior to the 14 days because natwest was very rapid in their standard letter response (only 4 days). I think thats cool cos it was a fob off letter.

Jmac999

If I were you I would try to stick to the timetable .I know your in a rush but in your prelim letter it says you will give them 14 days , and if it gets to court you have to show that you have givern them every chance to settle . I don't think you have done any harm although you must be careful and try to stick to the plan as you don't wan't to get struck out on a technicality