Poster self made - is it ok ?

scotia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just mucking about, and with too much time on my hands, so i thought i would rattle together a quick poster that i can put up at work etc.......

Before i put it anywhere i wanted mods, admin etc to approve it since it is using their forum details

Consumeractiongroup.jpg

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

My first opinions is that its too wordy, for a poster to work you need to grab attention. I would use the first 2 paragraphs only, make them big and bold and have the web address as the main focus.

Brilliant idea though,

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Thanks for thinking of this.

On the whole principle of putting up posters, on eof thes many reasons we haven't done it yet is that we are not sure where we stand legally.

If a poster is put up in a public place without permission then there is a serious risk that we could be prosecuted by a local authority. We don't have the time for that and more importantly we don't have the money.

If it is posted in a private place with permission then this is probably OK. However, there may be some rules about putting the name and adddress of the organisation on the bottm. This needs to be checked up and also we are not anxious to have these kinds of details exposed at the moment.

If you made a poster which was clearly not produced by us - in otherwords without our logo on it then this would probably be OK. It owuld be your own poster but would refer to bank charges and would recommend us as a place to go.

I hope that you don't see this as negative or unappreciative. It is just that we need to be careful and we would rather be cautious and conservative so that we can carry on the business of providing a meeting palce for people and provide the service to them which we are doing at the moment not too badly.

no probs BF, i understand completely.......i am a UNISON steward at my work.....and i have my own union pinboard...(i know...perks of the job eh lol) so i was gonna put it up there.....i work in a school (IT Tech) so only teachers and staff would see it......i will remove the logo and chuck it up, i have also sent the link to website to our list of 150 staff and asked them to pass it on....

cheers again

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

If you put the logo in the body of the poster so that you were talking about us but it was your poster then I would expect that this would overcome any problems.

like this ?

Consumeractiongroup2.jpg

It's great - but it still looks as if it has been publiched by us.

I think that you need to mention us in the third person - "I have found a group called The .... you cand firn them at http://www.....

and I think that the logo should be very much smaller maybe one quarter of the page max and set to one side.

I'm sorry if this all appears to be over concerned but once again, we do need the publicity and we are grateful for your help but we just want to avoid the possiblity of distracting problems.

Try this test:

Take the poster and ask 5 people - is this poster by The Consumer Action Group? or is it about them?

I expect that their responses will soon tell you what the poster should be like to give. That really will be the best approach, I think.

Consumeractiongroup3.jpg

i know what you mean BF......and i appreciate your comments...and anyone elses.....i have spoken to a full time branch officer at UNISON, and asked him if they could publicise this, and he said he would bring it up at their next branch meeting at the end of the month and see what everyones comments are about it......if they go for it then we will be able to send out to all Stewards to put on their notice boards.....we have thousands of members throughout the UK....so fingers crossed ...

Two comments - in the last para you say that "They have 13,000 members ..."

and later you go onto say that "it's your money they have taken unlawfully." But is wasn't us, honest! It woz the banks wot done it.

Second point - could you put a line right down at the bottom attributing the poster to you or some person or organisation.

It looks great and I hope that your members get to our site and that we can help them.

LHope this is better.......like i said ...hopefully if UNISON will endorse this, then it will go out with UNISON logo at top.....but i will keep you updated

Consumeractiongroup4.jpg

Yep - I like it.

Perfect.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

PERFECT !!........i have never had such a compliment......if you were here i would give you a hug lol....been sending it to everyone i know.....they are bound to be getting annoyed with me by now.......hee hee

Hi Scotia, any chance other members could print this poster off & use it also? Just wanted to check :)

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL £766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL £777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

Amount - £586.39 claim plus 8% interest

SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR £625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received

Yeah no problem m8....i haven't applied for the copyright rights yet.....so you can all use it if u want.....

I am just glad i can contribute to this great forum.......if anyone wants any changes done they can pm me and i will send them the original microsoft word document to change as they like

cheers again

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks