• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS mint card - Account already in dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I had a credit card with RBS (Mint) a lot of years ago.

In 2009 I was being chased by Wescot and after sending them a CCA request which they failed to respond to,

I sent an Account in dispute letter.

Around 1 week later, I got as reply from them stating that they had

"received instructions from their client to withdraw the account and therefore, you should receive no further contact from Wescot in relation to this matter."

Now, 4 years later I received a letter from ARC (Europe) Ltd. chasing me for the same debt.

So where do I stand, is the account only in dispute with the original DCA (Wescot) or is this now a new account as it is now being pursued by another DCA (ARC Europe)??

I am thinking about sending them a CCA Request assuming that they do not have any paperwork and then put the account in dispute again

but is there a quicker way for me to nip this in the bud given the history?

Thanks

Euro

If it’s the same account, then it remains in dispute. Change of ownership or DCA does not change this.

Are ARC chasing on behalf of RBS, or has the account been sold? ARC normally collect for Arrow Global, so if it has been sold to Arrow, or anybody else, you should have received a Notice of Assignment.

ARC are well known for their association with disgraced solicitor Trevor Munn, who was given a rather large fine earlier this year for certain practices conducted on behalf of ARC – see here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?382140-Trevor-Munn-Solicitors-in-the-poo-with-ARC-(Europe)

When was your last payment made on this account?

If it comes to it, simply advise ARC of the previous CCA request to Westcot and state that the account remains in dispute.

Hi Welcome to Cag,

Does this account show on your credit reference files?

When was the last payment made the account, have you made any written acknowledgment of the debt?

Check the credit files to see what the default date is?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks both for replies.

No, the account is not on my experian or Equifax credit files.

The last payment I made would have been around mid 2009 and I have acknowledged the debt in as much as when Wescot were originally chasing it,

I was paying them a small amount each month for a while.

They then started asking me for more than I could afford and thats when I sent the CCA request.

Since their response that their client has instructed them to withdraw the account, I have heard absolutely nothing about this account.

I never received a default notice on this account (as far as I can recall but if I did I would have kept it and there is nothing in my "Mint" file haha!!

DonkeyB, not sure if they are chasing on behalf of RBS, but their letter says "Original Creditor; Royal Bank of Scotland, MINT Visa Gold"

I think they have bought the debt as other wise it would say the RBS were their clients I assume, and it doesn't.

Q. Should I send a fresh CCA request or just a letter stating that the account is in dispute since August 2009 and under the terms of that dispute, they are not entitled to ask me for any payment owards the account or words to that affect?

Thanks,

E.

Original creditor = sold.

If you have had no Notice of Assignment, then frankly you cannot actually be sure it’s even the same account. What makes you sure it’s the same account?

Maybe first send the ‘bemused’ letter, stating you know nothing about it. In truth, you do know nothing – without an NoA, they don’t own it, and you believe you once had an account with RBS.

Not trying to suggest you be arsey with them for nothing, but with no NoA they are not entitled to ask for anything and you can’t be sure they’re entitled to anything at all, irrespective of any existing dispute. After all, if I wrote to you and said please pay your electric bill to me rather than the electricity company, you’d tell me where to go, wouldn’t you? Same applies here.

No NoA, no engagement.

I know it's the same account as it has the Account No. (Card Number) on the letter so I don't know if I can refer to the Wescot Account in Dispute letter without acknowledging that I know what account they are talking about.

From reading your replies I maybe would be best to write to them and say that the account is in dispute and that I do not acknowledge any debt to them as I have not received a formal notice of assignment from them. And as far as I am concerneed the account remains in dispute. Would this be enough do you think?

And yes of course, Original Creditor = SOLD !! Thanks. :)

What default date is showing on CRA files please.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The account IS NOT listed anywhere on either my Experian or my Equifax files. It's as if it never existed.

E.

Hi Euro now this is odd, can you say when this was defaulted?

I dont remember ever getting a default notice on this. Way back when ran into financial problems the account was passed to Wescot but I dont think i ever got a default notice. Iay be wrong but it definayely hasnt shown on my CRA files since i started checking them 18 months ago.

Weird.

You could always send the letter below in order to establish who does own the account.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45023[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you paid anyone regarding this in the last 6 years, or have I missed something?

Have you paid anyone regarding this in the last 6 years, or have I missed something?

The last payment I made would have been around mid 2009 and I have acknowledged the debt in as much as when Wescot were originally chasing it, I was paying them a small amount each month for a while. They then started asking me for more than I could afford and thats when I sent the CCA request. Since their response that their client has instructed them to withdraw the account, I have heard absolutely nothing about this account.

Thanks,

E.

Looks like OP was paying Wescott in 2009, Brig.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

pers i'd ignore ARC.

you start letter tennis again

it'll never die.

it puzzles me as well as brig it is not cra shown

have you tried noddle [see below]

they often have old data other don't carry

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just checked Noddle (hadn't heard of them before) and there is no mention there of the Mint card. I also checked on checkmyfile.co.uk and nothing. It hasn't been on there for years either.

So, what does it mean when it isn't on my CRA file? Is that a sign that the debt has been written off, possibly at the time of the Account in Dispute letter?

Hi, an account not appearing on CRA Files can mean a number of things.

1. The Default was placed on the CRA files more than 6 years and has been automatically removed on its 6th anniversary.

2. The original creditor has removed the entry on selling the debt to a debt purchaser/DCA.

3. The debt purchaser has failed in its duty to up date the files as required.

4. Total incompetence on the part of OC & Debt purchaser.

I see you were paying Wescot in 2009, when did this arrangement actually start please?

well then an sar to minrt is the only way to find out

or ring mint and ask

when was your last payment?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...