bobjimwilly

My friend has received a 4th letter from RLP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2142 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Has the go away letter been sent. i.e I do not acknowledge any liability to either yourself or your client

Alternatively to pieces of paper, one with a capital O on it, the other a capital F (rearrange)

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Apparently, P O box addresses are not as secret as I thought. So long as the address is not a sensitive address (i.e Woman's refuge) or similar, the Post Office do give out the address. When you rent a PO box, this condition is clearly stipulated in the terms and conditions

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/P6431_POBox_Terms_and_Conditions_April_2013.pdf

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Has the go away letter been sent. i.e I do not acknowledge any liability to either yourself or your client

Alternatively to pieces of paper, one with a capital O on it, the other a capital F (rearrange)

I don't think he has sent the one-liner that some people have suggested.

RE: the restorative justice - I think it is a great idea for 1st time offenders to receive this instead of being charged or taken to court. Unfortunately it seems the likes of RLP like to make these offenders feel like international criminals for petty crimes that, basically, the police and shop have deemed too minor to pursue, hence the restorative justice.

Umm, surely this is libellous?

I see they are still suggesting they have some link to ACPO as well ??

Agreed. I think cags main admin needs to look further into this.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've been thinking about this latest letter again this morning; how do RLP think/know that Restorative Justice has failed in this instance? Because they haven't been sent a cheque? Surely if my friend hasn't committed any crime since this incident, it has been successful?

It is bullying plain and simple

PO Boxes are also used by businesses to disguise the fact that their premises are dingy back street offices or someone's home address. If RLP feel they need to be protected from some of the people they target I'm sure it's perfectly legitimate for them to use a PO box.

I have said before that I would not wish violence upon Jackie Lambert, or anyone at RLP. Frankly, I think that Jackie is to be pitied; she's undoubtedly a deeply unpleasant bully, but she also displays some of the signs of a personality disorder - all the grandiose posturing, the risible self-importance, the sense of entitlement, the idea that she's always right and others are always wrong, the imagined relationship with ACPO, the pretence that RLP is about anything other than making money, the paranoia about death threats, the lies about CAG being under 'CID investigation' and so on. It seems to me that whilst Jackie's primary motivation is money, in the cases where we see these unprofessional and bizarre letters it's much more about her personality; she simply hates it when people stand up to her bullying.

To be absolutely clear, I do not condone shoplifting or any form of theft, but I am quite clear that only the criminal justice system should deal with crime, not a commercial, profit-driven company. I find RLP's business model and methods morally repugnant.

You may wish to consider for instance, whether any legitimate legal adviser would resort to defamatory, malicious and crude comments. You may also wish to consider why those purporting to advise you are doing so in anonymous blogs in the small hours, rather than through their engagement in legitimate employment.

[...]

The fact that some people of limited intelligence, or without qualification, do not understand the losses a business incurs in an incident of this nature, has no effect on the claim, or its value.

My dear poor little Jackie:

You berate anonymous advisers for defamatory and crude comments, only to indulge in them yourself.

It is presumptuous of you to pass judgement on what constitutes "legitimate employment" and at what hour of day this takes place.

Furthermore, to bandy around phrases such as "limited intelligence" and "without qualification" says much for your business model.

Might I enquire as to what qualifications you hold that entitles you to hand out quasi-legal mumbo-jumbo to support your spurious claims ?

Regards, Mr.P (but you can address me as Sir)

P.S. If and when you find yourself in possession of the moral equivalent of an opposable thumb, feel free to contact me to discuss issues raised.

Subject to adequate consultation fees being paid in advance.

Copy to be sent to:

Retail Loss Prevention Ltd (Company number: 4802733)

Lenton Business Centre

Lenton Boulevard

Nottingham

Nottinghamshire

NG7 2BJ

(Address in the public domain and freely available from Royal Mail, Nominet UK, and other sources).

Edited by Mr.P

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Links to ACPO dont really have much to say for themselves.

ACPO is only a private members club and has no authority of its own.

As the members are all the most senior police officers in the country

then they use it as a forum to speak to Home secretaries and to set policy across forces.

Somethimes when they do this they act unlawfully and make the police look foolish

and sometime they just misuse police vehicles for private purposes by requisitioning them to attend their pea soups

with a constable as a driver.

When my uncle retired from the police his last duty was to arrest 2 Chief Constables for drink driving

and one of those for having a defective vehicle, leaving his bash.

needless to say the charges were never proceeded with.

I would also be interested to know what qualifications wor Jackie has that sets her as the paragon of virtue.

We all know what happened to the last person who claimed to have the shield of truth

and sword of justice with him. HE was gaoled for perjury.

The overrinding principle of compensation is to place the person who has suffered a loss

back in the position they were before the wrong that caused that loss

(A level law syllabus should Jackie remember that far back).

The law does not entitle "betterment" and so punitive damages cannot be claimed.

This is where RLP's business model falls down when it collides with reality,

their claims are nothing more than a penalty.

At leas the Parking bandits put up signs to try and legitimise their claims (shame the signs are mostly unlawfully placed)

How the hell can RLP that people have enterd a contract with them becaue they are caught stealing?

The hardcore thieves dont give a stuff anyway

so I am looking forward to her statistical analysis on how brilliant her vision is at preventing crime.

Also if she can provide the raw data and the computer program she uses to iterate the data

I would be delighted to pass it on to experts in that field.

I see that General Sir Nick Parker has just completed an independent review of ACPO Ltd. and has noted that it has over 300 committees, many of which he thought irrelevant.

Update: it is being reported that the Home Secretary may break up ACPO on the grounds that its workings aren't sufficiently transparent or publicly accountable.

Ha.. Brilliant. Jackie's insane ramblings bought a smile to my face this chilly lunchtime.

So lets point out the issue which IMO are legally without any merit.

1. That you MUST reply and comply with the Pre-Action protocols. These are designed to stop a party issuing a claim that the other side is totally unaware of before giving them a chance to settle any debt, etc. This really should consist of a Notice Before Action, if there is no reply to this it is accepted that legal action should be instigated reasonably soon after, its should not be abused as it is by RLP (and others) to mean a constant barrage of endless letter changing in content, there should be a simple initial NBA letter not then followed by another 4 or 5. Now of course following the protocol ONLY has effect if (and in RLP's case we know its a big IF) the case actually gets to court.

2. That RLP and subsequent DCA's claim that there actually is a 'debt', there is no debt (for example neither RLP or any DCA can mark your credit files), there is no debt until proven otherwise by a court just an alleged claim for damages. I also suggest she buy a dictionary and look up 'Liability' (as used by the DCA).

1. The state of being liable.

a. Something for which one is liable; an obligation, responsibility, or debt.

b. liabilities The financial obligations entered in the balance sheet of a business enterprise.

3. Something that holds one back; a handicap.

4. Likelihood.

3. RLP appears to imply that they will somehow seek to influence others and put a black mark on some sort of list affecting your employment prospects, this implies that RLP have access to or can influence police records or have access to/can influence to other records, this seems eerily similar to the illegal blacklisting that many construction companies were involved in and subsequently faced fines and criminal action, I'd ask RLP for more info about this and the shadowy 'closed user group', using DPA laws if needs be.

4. RLP's claim that they are involved in some sort of restorative justice, again, there is no link between the police and RLP, the police have made this clear time and time again. RLP only operate on a purely CIVIL basis and I believe it is very wrong for them to imply otherwise, in fact if this matter did go to Civil court I would show the court these documents and ask the Judge to decide if they are genuinely following the pre-action protocol or trying to pressure the alleged defendant into paying amounts that are not owing.

5. RLP's claim that EVERY similar case before has been successful and the Oxford case was purely a one off, oh Jackie..you are being as MP's say disingenuous with the truth, the simple fact is that until the Oxford case there had been no other cases like this, this is why the Oxford case being so unique got so much interest and was attended by so many, if there are MANY other cases then why did the store that cannot be named in the Oxford case rely on them ?, the closest case was the Thames water one which anyone can see is very different in so many aspects.

But what do I know, maybe I am of 'limited intelligence and without qualifications' clearly :)

Keep 'em coming Jackie, funniest things I've read for a long while !

Andy

RLP hark on about 'seeking proper legal advise' and in Oxford the two dependants did just that, they did not turn up armed with 'nonsense from the internet', they were suitably represented..and successfully, it appears to me that the views expressed here are also shared with many who are indeed qualified and legally trained. Why should someone (often young and low paid) go out and pay for expensive legal advise just because someone 'claims' they owe them money ?

The overrinding principle of compensation is to place the person who has suffered a loss back in the position they were before the wrong that caused that loss (A level law syllabus should Jackie remember that far back). The law does not entitle "betterment" and so punitive damages cannot be claimed. This is where RLP's business model falls down when it collides with reality, their claims are nothing more than a penalty. At leas the Parking bandits put up signs to try and legitimise their claims (shame the signs are mostly unlawfully placed) How the hell can RLP that people have enterd a contract with them becaue they are caught stealing? The hardcore thieves dont give a stuff anyway so I am looking forward to her statistical analysis on how brilliant her vision is at preventing crime. Also if she can provide the raw data and the computer program she uses to iterate the data I would be delighted to pass it on to experts in that field.

Indeed, if I were in a civil claim against RLP I'd use the letters that claim they are using some sort of 'restorative justice' as evidence that they are indeed seeking some sort of betterment or punitive damages instead of merely covering the actual loss.

A little later than usual this month, but my friend received another, longer letter recently. It seems RLP have read this thread and are slightly annoyed.

They also mention that my friend was offered Resorative Justice on the "basis of the civil action being satisfied". My friend is positive there was no mention of any civil action being taken by Wilkinson, not by the police or the security staff. In fact he assures me he was told by the police that would be the end of the matter. And he certainly hadn't heard of RLP or civil recovery before receiving a letter from them, so they must have been misinformed (or they are simply making it up?)

Anyhow, as always, if you have any comments on this latest letter please contribute to the thread.

Many thanks.

Gotta love that admission of ''This is not a regulated activity''!

Hi all,

I'm somewhat surprised that no CAG member has ever advised the use of the reply given in the case of Arkell v Pressdram (1971).

Never the less, a really good thread with lots of good information on how to deal with RLP.

Keep up the good work,

Pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

Nice point there pitcher ;)

Hi all,

I'm somewhat surprised that no CAG member has ever advised the use of the reply given in the case of Arkell v Pressdram (1971).

Never the less, a really good thread with lots of good information on how to deal with RLP.

Keep up the good work,

Pitcher

We are far too polite to recommend that course of action. But then again.......:lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

They would have no idea what was being said now would they?

After all they can barely read

They would have no idea what was being said now would they?

After all they can barely read

Read? Maybe not but they know how to write S***!

my best,

pitcher

I think you mean 'she'. Not 'they'. ;)

Spot on mate,

pitcher

That might be quite an insult to the women of the world.

That might be quite an insult to the women of the world.

If you have followed the RLP forums, then you know to whom i am referring.