bobjimwilly

My friend has received a 4th letter from RLP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2145 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Evening all.

Here's a brief summary of the situation.

On January 29th 2013 my friend got caught shoplifting some batteries and a sandwich from Wilkinsons. They had never done anything like this before and had never been in trouble with the police. The police were called by security, and my friend was offered Restorative Justice, which they accepted, and were not charged and told they would not have a police record. They were also banned from the store for 12 months. There was no mention of RLP at this point, in fact my friend has since told me they had never heard of them?

Then they received the following letter:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45013[/ATTACH]

The first thing they did was Google RLP, found this website, and after reading many threads decided to follow the general advice and ignore it.

Then, a month later, a second letter arrived:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45014[/ATTACH]

Again, they ignored it.

(They had received a third letter, which unfortunately has been lost.)

Then, today, a fourth letter arrived:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45012[/ATTACH]

So now my friend has asked me to post a thread on here, as a diary of events if not anything else, and hopefully someone can put their mind at rest?

Edited by bobjimwilly

RLp will threaten everything, including holding your cat to ransom. Ignore them. Jackie loves to send letter after letter with ever increasing threats. She even says in one that CAG is under police investigation.... Yea, she wishes CAG was.

That alone should tell you that this woman has serious mental issues that she needs to get help with.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nothing in the letters that hasn't been seen before.

How interesting that Jackie seeks to make you feel grateful that the amount being claimed is only a fraction of the 'real' cost of the incident,

yet nowhere does she actually quantify the speculative figures given,

nor does she acknowledge that the lion's share of whatever is recovered goes directly into RLP's coffers and her own pocket.

Also interesting that on the last occasion that one of their clients was daft enough to go through with a properly contested court case,

RLP and their client were royally spanked on the issue of claiming amounts which bore no relevance whatsoever to the actual cost of the incident

- which is precisely what they have to do at the first hurdle in order to succeed in any claim.

The Oxford case will surely have made any client of RLP extremely wary of litigation and the likely loss of reputation and the further destruction of this particular business model,

backed as it is by fear and threats of spurious legal action.

Two options.

Continue to ignore,

or send a simple denial of any liability to RLP or their client.

No frills, just let them know that you have no intention of paying.

The net result will be the same regardless

- more letters, and almost certainly a scary red inked note from their retained debt collector, trying to intimidate you into paying a 'debt' which does not exist.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

There might be some slight advantage to have previously sent the one-line denial of liability to RLP when they refer their "claim" to a DCA

If the letters were printed on softer, quilted paper they might have a purpose.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Like it. RLP toilet paper. Supplied with the sh*t slready on it!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

My friends received a 5th letter recently and sent me the attached scan. Should they be getting worried yet? :???:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45589[/ATTACH]

My friends received a 5th letter recently and sent me the attached scan. Should they be getting worried yet? :???:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45589[/ATTACH]

My understanding is no, your friend should not be concerned.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is that the one where Jackie states not to believe cag.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Attachments sorted :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Sorry Imp, I didn't notice they were pending approval :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's ok. Just had a quick skim and it's laughable at best. It's just what people thought. She thinks she is the law. I mean come on.. "In the absence of settlement, or defence"? A defence against what? Her stupidity and ego?

Good to see she's still hiding behind a PO box and a premium number too.

I like the 'You Are Required...' bit.

Required by whom? I suppose that this means that RLP require you to let them know whether it is worth wasting a tenner or so in getting Snotcall to write to you in the hope that the words Debt and Collector fill you with sufficient shame to part with money for Jackie's holiday fund.

All the letter is saying is that they will get a scary debt collector to write to you - maybe even in red ink - to make the same demand that you have already declined to pay. The 'undisputed' bit is a vain attempt to legitimise the fact that any DCA chasing a debt which is disputed or in this case, where no such debt exists other than in RLP's warped mind, is operating in breach of their licence.

DONATE HERE

Evening all,

Received another letter from my friend today. This time it's from BPO Collections, giving them 7 days to pay the £89.50 "outstanding liability".

It's quite surreal; even though they know they don't have to pay these people, it still makes them feel uneasy receiving a letter from a "collections" company. :!:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46519[/ATTACH]

Tell them simply that any liability is denied, there is no debt and a formal complaint is being sent to the OFT about them chasing a non existant debt. They are very easily shooed away.

A little later than usual this month, but my friend received another, longer letter recently. It seems RLP have read this thread and are slightly annoyed.

They also mention that my friend was offered Resorative Justice on the "basis of the civil action being satisfied". My friend is positive there was no mention of any civil action being taken by Wilkinson, not by the police or the security staff. In fact he assures me he was told by the police that would be the end of the matter. And he certainly hadn't heard of RLP or civil recovery before receiving a letter from them, so they must have been misinformed (or they are simply making it up?)

Anyhow, as always, if you have any comments on this latest letter please contribute to the thread.

Many thanks.

Aww. Poor jackies getting more desperate. Time to ignore her once and for all. Just remember, we have concrete proof that she will say ANYTHING to get people to pay up. And i mean absolutely ANYTHING.

The letters do make a good read though, and can make good substitute toilet paper.

That is one of RLP's most absurd letters - so far. Still getting under someone's skin, are we? It must be be very annoying for one with such delusions of grandeur to always be the monkey to the retailer's organ grinder.

bobjimwilly, your friend can be reassured that nothing has changed; RLP still cannot bring a court action, and the retailer is most unlikely to. He can, of course, choose whether to believe the 'nonsense' on the internet (all of which has proved correct), or the nonsense in RLP's letters, which has been shown to be empty threats and bullying drivel.

The offer of restorative justice is in no way linked to RLP's 'civil action', and cannot be. Unless, perhaps, RLP have some sort of influence with the police, which would be entirely illegal and is likely to exist only in RLP's fevered and rather lurid imagination.

I see that RLP continue the pretence that they are involved in crime reduction; what utter nonsense. RLP is a commercial company whose only purpose is making profit. If RLP were genuinely involved in crime reduction, they would be bankrupt in no time if they were any good at it, since no crime equals no money for RLP. Far from the crime-busting agency it pretends to be, RLP is just a small company operating out of a grubby back street in Nottingham.

Incidentally, where someone chooses to seek advice is entirely a matter for them.

I remain convinced that these letters are much more about the personality of their author than they are about any imaginary claim for damages. I can read you like a book, and the book is DSM IV...

That is a classic! Complete balls but nevertheless a classic.

DONATE HERE

oh let us pray.......

the great god RLP has allowed in their infinite wisdom and power to allow a criminal matter to be resolved by Restorative Justice....

what the hell is restorative justice....

who is the great god that has decided that them fleecing someone for their own profit is justice....urm....

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

what the hell is restorative justice....

http://www.restorativejustice.org.uk/what_is_restorative_justice/

No mention of paying money to a third party with no connection whatsoever to the criminal justice system. Sometimes restorative justice can involve returning something that was stolen, but it never includes paying a penalty or costs not imposed by a court.

As with a police caution, FPN or any other criminal action, the matter has been dealt with by the appropriate authority.

“We also advise that our telephone lines are not premium lines. Further, we use a PO Box address in order to secure the health and safety of our staff. This is particularly important as we receive regular threats of violence and death, largely as a result of your “advisers” malicious campaign on the internet”.

Umm, surely this is libellous?

I see they are still suggesting they have some link to ACPO as well ??

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

I wonder to whom they refer when they say..

"The fact that some people of limited intelligence or lacking knowledge do not seem to understand this"

Are they not obliged by Companies House to have a proper Registered address on their letter heads ?

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Just doing a check on RLP and their registered addy is in London

RETAIL LOSS PREVENTION LIMITED

UNIT/OFFICE 36

88-90 HATTON GARDEN

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

EC1N 8PN

However, if you do a google maps on the post code EC1 8PN it shows that 88-90 Hatton Gardens are a block of offices which look (to me) like serviced offices. Notably, the one name that is visible is Hatton Garden Safe Deposit Ltd.

I can't see RLP needing a safe deposit box

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04802733

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE