RANT with Tesco refund inconsistency

Newbie21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unsure if this is the correct thread to give a warning regarding Tesco refunding, just wish to vent somewhere:madgrin:

One Saturday evening (15Jun 2013), I went to a Tesco local store and purchased a food item

On way home, realised that I had forgotten to buy something and did a small diversion to my nearest Tesco superstore. I saw that the same food item purchased in the local store was cheaper at the superstore So I requested a refund

An assistant called the Duty Manager, who arrived, listened then said: "Can't give a refund because our system will only give you back the price we're selling it for and so you'll lose out. Go back to the local store and get your refund there"

I went back the next day (Sunday) to the same superstore and got the refund - in full!

So how can there be no refund on Sat BUT it can be given on Sun in the same Tesco store???:|

Placing a complaint using the Tesco website, I got an email acknowledgment with a reference number AND option to resolve on Tesco Twitter or Facebook

Telephoning for a chase up with my complaint yesterday, was given a reference number saying someone will call me today

Today, got a phone call saying "Without a name, nothing we can do and it is too late to find out the member of staff's name as it was 17 days ago”

Oh please!

I said “it’s not even a month yet! Haven’t you got staff records of who was working or not?" (I had given them the time and date) Are you really telling me you have no record and don’t know who was the Duty Manager that night?

She continued, "I’ve rang the store to advise them about staff conduct and remind them about issuing refunds"

So, let my tale be a reminder that the onus is on you to get the name of any member of staff whether giving a compliment or a complaint how you've being treated because it seems Tesco doesn’t know the work rota of their staff!

Even with a 'name', still doesn't excuse the fact that a Tesco representative made up her own rule because in my opinion 'couldn't be asked to do any work'. She had been called from round the back and stank of heavy smoke on her breathe and persona whilst talking to me

Did I disturb her from her ciggie break or skiving? (Hey nothing against smokers:-) )

Only she can say...

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, expecting them to trawl through staff records for a small refund isn't a great use of their time.

They've told the store off, you have your refund, everyone's happy.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

• 1 month later...

I don't get it, you took it back to the superstore for the full refund. That is what manager told you to do to get the full refund, they said the local store couldn't issue a full refund, so what was wrong then? Also, why would you need a refund on a food item, just because you found it cheaper, wouldn't you insist on a refund of the difference? Surely you would still need the food item? You sure you didn't just change your mind and couldn't be bothered to go back to the store you came from?