pip assesment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since you're the first person I've seen on the forum who has applied for PIP, I doubt anyone can answer your question.

If you would like to help those that follow you could post more information about how you claimed and how the assessment was carried out etc.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Yes, if you have time, it would be helpful to know about the process - in particular, what was involved in the assessment, and which company carried it out?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Yes, if you have time, it would be helpful to know about the process - in particular, what was involved in the assessment, and which company carried it out?

Yes I think everyone will be interested to hear from one of the 'first'. I presume that they are working strictly to the mobilising no more than 20 metres rule as well?

I can't see this or any future government going soft on what has already been decided on how PIP will be run. I just wish that the government would be honest and up front and once and for all admit that one of the reasons that PIP has been brought in is to cut down on the number of awardees and consequently the amount of money being paid out. This must be one of the biggest know secrets around.

Slightly off the subject, and having done a self assessment of the PIP descriptors, I will go from DLA - HRM & MRC to zilch under PIP!!

It doesn't change how difficult life is it just makes me feel better that I will be formally told that I am not as disabled as I thought I was!

Yes I think everyone will be interested to hear from one of the 'first'. I presume that they are working strictly to the mobilising no more than 20 metres rule as well?

I can't see this or any future government going soft on what has already been decided on how PIP will be run. I just wish that the government would be honest and up front and once and for all admit that one of the reasons that PIP has been brought in is to cut down on the number of awardees and consequently the amount of money being paid out. This must be one of the biggest know secrets around.

Slightly off the subject, and having done a self assessment of the PIP descriptors, I will go from DLA - HRM & MRC to zilch under PIP!!

It doesn't change how difficult life is it just makes me feel better that I will be formally told that I am not as disabled as I thought I was!

Well I sent forms off on 24th April and to be honest was pleased to get an assesment of someone as I have applied for dla and been refused on many occasions I have an appeal in two weeks for that but that's another story . I applied again as I need a hip replacement and have been told I can have a one . They atos guy who gave the assesment was really ok and seemed to be sympathetic to me but lord knows what he put in the report . He just asked the questions on the forms like can you prepare a meal how far can you walk etc and the examination was about 30 seconds to be honest he could see I was in agony and he said that at the time all I had to do was lie on a bed and try to raise one leg the.n the other . Just would like a decision!

Well I sent forms off on 24th April and to be honest was pleased to get an assesment of someone as I have applied for dla and been refused on many occasions I have an appeal in two weeks for that but that's another story . I applied again as I need a hip replacement and have been told I can have a one . They atos guy who gave the assesment was really ok and seemed to be sympathetic to me but lord knows what he put in the report . He just asked the questions on the forms like can you prepare a meal how far can you walk etc and the examination was about 30 seconds to be honest he could see I was in agony and he said that at the time all I had to do was lie on a bed and try to raise one leg the.n the other . Just would like a decision!

Hmmm, sounds disturbingly familiar. Please keep in touch with the result, and good luck for your dla appeal.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hmmm, sounds disturbingly familiar. Please keep in touch with the result, and good luck for your dla appeal.

So not unusual how many weeks should it take ? I have a feeling they are awaiting the appeal decision first which I think will be upheld as I have sent in no further evidence as I have none !

Yes it does - not too many miles away from how the ESA assessments are being run.

I would point out to the OP that it doesn't matter (as with ESA) how disabled you are, how ill you are, how difficult you find the simple things in life are - if you don't tick the boxes (the descriptors) you will fail PIP.

You could say that it levels the playing field over DLA where an award was given based on how good the GP was at supporting the claimant and how good the advice and help was in completing the form. PIP is much more clinical.

No-one can tell you how long it'll take.

Yes, this is true. While we usually prefer to offer advice where possible, PIP is so new that we don't really have any basis for said advice. I hope the OP will let us know how it goes so we can let future claimants know.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

just rang dwp and they have not recieved any information from atos. i rang atos who said it was being taken care of and would be sent to them when all checks had been made ? dont think she had a clue really .

Doesn't surprise me in the least - I had an assessor (doctor actually) removed by ATOS from their panel owing to gross incompetence, not even knowing that Lithium was used for mental health treatment!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just taking an educated guess but I think you will be paid DLA from your original claim date to whenever a decision is made on your PIP claim, and then the PIP claim will take over since I think DWP will say that assessment should supersede the DLA win.

Depending on how long ago you made your DLA claim you should be in for a chunk of back pay though.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:not so goldengirl:

Yep, entitlement to disability living (by a decision maker or a tribunal panel) ends once there's a determination about entitlement to personal independence payment. Reg 17 of;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/387/made

Where there's a decision about personal independence payment, before an appeal hearing for disability living, the tribunal panel will only consider the period between the application for disability living and the decision about personal independence payment.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

:not so golden girl:

Yep, entitlement to disability living (by a decision maker or a tribunal panel) ends once there's a determination about entitlement to personal independence payment. Reg 17 of;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/387/made

Where there's a decision about personal independence payment, before an appeal hearing for disability living, the tribunal panel will only consider the period between the application for disability living and the decision about personal independence payment.

Margaret.[/quote

So am I right in thinking if I get paid from the dla up untiltoday and then pip decide no I am not allowed I get money taken back off my from when I first applied for pip? ]

no, you won't get any money taken back, the dla decision will apply until the PIP decision is made - so no overpayment, don't worry on that front.

Well on Monday I phoned pip who put a stop on the claim as they said as I had been awarded at court the pip claim would no longer be eligible ?? Not heard from dwp yet

• 2 weeks later...
Well on Monday I phoned pip who put a stop on the claim as they said as I had been awarded at court the pip claim would no longer be eligible ?? Not heard from dwp yet

Got the money through on Tuesday ! Can I ask my tax credits will they be affected I told them I got the higher rate mobility a week after I won they said I would hear in six weeks and if not gave me a number to ring ? Anyone know what happens ?