Just Received an offer in the post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all Espire here, hope you're about to win/won/about to win/ enjoying the fight.

I've just received an offer for the charges against my account from HSBC £3188.53, but they want to off-Set it against what they say I owe them (a loan acct for their charges against me (2002 loan for overdraft charges they OVER charged me).

What shall I do, as I've paid so much cash to them over the past years, I even added the charges againt my loan accout in my above claim:mad:

If they off-set the payment, I would get nothing, I'd rather they pay me the above amount and then FIGHT them for the sum they recon I owe them!!

HELP ANYONE

refuse to allow any or all of it to be offset. if oyu have a loan with them there is no reason to make you pay it all off now unless you have been defaulting on it.

id write back that you intend to take this to court unless they will agree to pay you back by cheque upon which time you will investgegate the settlement figure for your loan sohould that be appropriate.

• Confused 1

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

It's a long story, but I had defaulted, being that I received a cheque for works that I paid into my account, then the company who paid me cheque cancelled it (ten days later )on the grounds of charging me with theift, I went to the police and they found in favour of me, BUT the bank would not re-issue the cheque even on the gronds of me being innocent blah blah blah ( how can a cheque be stopped for theift when the police say 'NO theift took place) So my account run into the red and charges came thick and fast, so I'd two acounts one which I paid back on the sale of my house, then after not hearing anything from HSBC for eight months they contacted me at my new address stating I still owed them... CRAP! do the want my shirt as well. So here I stand.. they want to pay me the money but in their favour