• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

No original agreement of debt causing stress after bereavement of child please help

didnotknow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep going and stay strong, I love the I know nothing bit in their letter. "providing informatioabout what your concern is about"

Good luck and dont let the b**gers grind you down. The only practicle help I can give is when they finally get the noose around their necks I would be glad to kick the steps away for you!

This post really describes CAG! :lol:

blimey, they have more depts than 'arrods. now gone to cust relat in brum! they wrote to you from one office, and you responded there accordingly. now its gone somewhere else! how many more times do you have to write! note the oft etc guides re them ensuring accurate records between depts.

Edited by Ford

I sent moorcroft an sar as i requested the recording of the phone calls which they hold and the silly idiots made the postal order out to lloyds tsb and sent it back to me so the postal order is useless to myself how do i get the £10 back now please.

The reason why i did this was because the ico said if they have recordings of phone calls on their system i am entitled to them.

Sorry about this but this is what was at the end of my request to moorcroft.

So why did they make it out to lloyds.

I enclose a postal order No 000010 08 8002 89xxxxx the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me or collected monies to which you were not entitled, then I shall be reclaiming them and also the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

if you've still got the tearoff bit

you can get it refunded at the po. counter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to fill you in on whats going on

its getting very interesting now

i have put in an official complaint about westcott as they are clearly in violation of the OFT guidelines

moorcroft

will be following shortly.

lloyds tsb

i am just waiting for a reply

lloyds have clearly got not a clue what they are doing as they have my partner down as divorced,

incorrect adresses and telephone numbers

i am waiting for a final response letter

they have clearly defaulted on at least 6 of the OFT guidelines and also the consumer credit act of 1974

and i am also waiting for a final response off lloyds as then it can be taken to the ombudsman.

I have just received over 15 years worth of so called documents in an A4 envelope which holds practically zero information.

One number is actually my mums who is going senile and she has been going on about people contacting her discussing the debt and she thinks its her they are talking about.

Can someone help me i would like to know what regulations state that they cannot discuss or hold incorrect information.

And not keeping records up to date

Any help would be welcome

Edited by didnotknow

Thank you for your response ford

Sorry to be a pain but what does this mean

customer not given consent to view additional information

And also is it legal for a lender to print a screen shot and blank out the figures and write in by hand a new figure

And also they have not given me any recordings of phone calls

not really no

unless there is a clear data trail as to WHO in the organisation did it and WHY they did it

comms log?

OC and debt details please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

threads merged better be keep to one thread

dx

and they

Can any one tell me if you prove without doubt that they have broken the OFT guidelines on more than one issue would this mean you win your case

and also if you can prove there has been an error on the figures even though its only 25p does this mean that the whole figure would be in dispute

any non compliance of oft guides and codes etc should be taken into account by the fos when making their decisions and count in your favour. do point them out to the fos when complaining.

can also report any data issues to the ICO, and the fos

comp for? how much roughly was the comp? are you accepting it?

bcobs re fair treatment

CPUTR?

some info

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/thecode.html

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/cca/debt-collection

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/cca/irresponsible

Edited by Ford

Thank you ever so much for your reply very helpful.

The comp was only very small complaint was regarding the £10 postal order made out to tsb i was only testing the water with them.

The comp was double.

Not accepted it at the moment as i believe they are breach of the oft lloyds is saying they are not moorcroft are.

Edited by didnotknow

Thank you for your response ford

Sorry to be a pain but what does this mean

customer not given consent to view additional information - not sure, maybe them saying that it should be redacted and not for customer to see. as dx says, could ask for an explanation?

And also they have not given me any recordings of phone calls - loyds? or moor? when next writing ask them for an explanation. any tel recordings are part of sar. loyds do often say that they only keep recordings for x months, but, ask anyway, get a written explanation, and include in any complaint if required?

as above in red

Edited by Ford

• 1 month later...