Capital one old credit card debt - currently still paying lowell £1PCM since 2006

w1n3pd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 YEARS AGO I STARTED PAYING THE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD WHICH IS NOW CLAIMED BY LOWELL.

I STARTED DEFAULTING ON THEM IN 2006. I AM NOT SURE WHETHER I ASKED for a CCA file or not but all of their correspondence mention the original creditor name. So far I have been advised by DX to send them a CCA file. Which I shall do as soon as my printer is fixed.

A new development is that none of these appear on my Equifax credit file any more. Do they still have enforcement powers as I have been paying them a statutory payment for each account. They have offered discounts in the past.

What should I be doing meanwhile, apart from sending the CCA file? And while I am sending the CCA file, should I keep paying £1? And also should I ask for one CCA file for all of them or separate? In the past they have sent me letters with all three debts mentioned on one letter.

LOWELL HAS SENT ME LETTERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS. I am just worried if I do not send them the £1 payments then they might do the traces on my file. They have been hiring McKenzie Hall to do the trace SEARCHES on my CREDIT file. The last one was done in April 2012. Nothing appears after that. Let us suppose that they do not comply to CCA then how come they had the powers to do searches on my file?

Thanking you in anticipation.

all dca's have consumer credit licences that entitle them to use the credit ref agencies

as detailed on your other thread whomever you are currently paying

you need to send them a cca request.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, once i have sent cca, i shall keep you posted.

Have sent now. I guess now I have to remind them on 17th of July 12+2. Is there anything I should be doing meanwhile?

• 2 weeks later...

It is now up to them to supply it. If they fail to do so by the 31st July you can send the account in dispute letter and stop paying them if you wish. As it will take you more than 30 years to pay it off at £1 a month you may decide to do this.

Can you remember when you took the card out? I'd be astonished if they can provide a credit agreement.

It was perhaps 2003/2004 for this card.

I served the CCA letter through the post on 5th of July. Do I still have to wait till 30th? I thought it was 12+2 days from the date I post the letters.

12+2 working days

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I saw them off a couple of years ago. I'm happy to help you put them on the spot. :-)

Hello Daniella,

Could you please help with the wording of teh letter that I would have to send them? Do you suggest that I should send them the letter or email? As they do send me their 'account' updates through emails. What should I go about saying in that letter assuming I do not receive anything through the post today.

Thanks.

hello,

The attached is what i received today after the previous correspondence. Is it a bluff or there is something to it? Please note that it is now being sent to me through Hampton not Lowell any more.

I wait for the guidance.

Thanks.

bloke at the next desk in a diff coloured skirt

dx

and they

bloke at the next desk in a diff coloured skirt

dx

As 12 + 2 days have passed for this one. What do you recommend should I write to them now?

thanking you,

and they

Thanks, also do i need to take notice of Hamptons letter or I should ignore that. Should I send them another letter disputing it or the letter that you recommended above should suffice for both?

that letter

firmly nails you colours to your flagpole

hamptons are lowlife

just a bloke at the next desk in a diff coloured skirt.

who put a different letterhead in the same printer

dx

and they

Hello Daniella,

Could you please help with the wording of teh letter that I would have to send them? Do you suggest that I should send them the letter or email? As they do send me their 'account' updates through emails. What should I go about saying in that letter assuming I do not receive anything through the post today.

Thanks.

Yes, of course. Sorry I wasn't around for a few days.

Let me know when you get a response to the letters.

I am sometimes away at my mother's where there is no computer access and it's almost impossible to post from my mobile, so don't worry if I don't get back to you immediately.

Thank you for getting back to me. I have posted the letters that DX recommended to me giving them 21 days to produce the original agreement. Although as these debts no longer appear on my credit files either at Experian or Equifax, DX thinks that these DCAs do not have any powers to enforce now. Fingers crossed, shall keep you posted.