• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds old credit card debt - been paying £1PCM to lowell since 2006

w1n3pd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 YEARS AGO I STARTED PAYING THE LLOYDS TSB CREDIT CARD WHICH ARE NOW CLAIMED BY LOWELL.

I STARTED DEFAULTING ON THEM IN 2006. I AM NOT SURE WHETHER I ASKED for a CCA file or not but all of their correspondence mention the original creditor name. So far I have been advised by DX to send them a CRA file. Which I shall do as soon as my printer is fixed.

A new development is that none of these appear on my Equifax credit file anymore. Do they still have enforcement powers as I have been paying them a statutory payment for each account. They have offered discounts in the past.

What should I be doing meanwhile, apart from sending the CCA file? And while I am sending the CCA file, should I keep paying £1? And also should I ask for one CCA file for all of them or separate? In the past they have sent me letters with all three debts mentioned on one letter.

LOWELL HAS SENT ME LETTERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS. I am just worried if I do not send them the £1 payments then they might do the traces on my file. They have been hiring McKenzie Hall to do the traces on my file. The last one was done in April 2012. Nothing appears after that. Let us suppose that they do not comply to CCA then how come they had the powers to do searches on my file?

Thanking you in anticipation.

discount letters normally = a dodgy debt

send them a cca request

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, will do. Discounts by lowell were after i started paying them, i have not yet found letters where they offered discounts before i started paying them.

Shall keep you posted after the cca development.

Thanks, will do. Discounts by lowell were after i started paying them, i have not yet found letters where they offered discounts before i started paying them.

Shall keep you posted after the cca development.

Have sent now. I guess now I have to remind them on 17th of July 12+2. Is there anything I should be doing meanwhile?

You think I should also send them an email telling them what I have done?

12+2 working days.

you don't need to tell them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 words. Cash cow.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have just received a reply from one of the HCW/Lowell Portfolio address that I had with me. The answer goes like this;

''WE return herewith a letter received from you and would advise that we are unable to trace any of the referenced lowell, lloyds, capital one and HBOS accounts on our system. We have traced a Thames water utility account for you at the above address. However utility accounts are not CCA regulated and your request is therefore invalid for this account.''

I had also written to their Leeds offices and waiting to hear from the. At the above address I had sent them three letters together with £1 fee.

Still waiting to hear from other offices.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not received any reply/confirmation from Lowell on this one, should I send them a letter of dispute as well, like the one you recommended on other post?

so they are saying they hold no info on the debts you have been paying them money for XXXX yrs

dx

and they

if you are making payments to them on those debts you have written to them about & they are saying they hold no info about any of them, then YES stop payments to them.

they'll soon wave their arms around if they don't like it

them we'll deal with that as/if it happens.

when the dust settles, if this is the case, that you've been paying them money for nothing...WHRE HAS IT GONE!! I WANT IT BACK!!

dx

and they

pers I wouldn't bother.

who was the standing order made out too?

dx

and they

so dlc should be the target of a cca request

dx

and they

I have already sent out the CCA letter to them as you had advised through first class post to which i have the proof as well on 5th of July. 12+2 days have passed and I have not heard any reply.

Edited by w1n3pd

just today I sent the Dispute letters recorded for this one.

Will keep you posted for any developments.

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for the guidance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Further to a letter received from them, please see attached, that denies receiving my initial CCA request altogether. I am planning to write the following through the email.

Dear Lowell,

Dear Lowell,

I find it very convenient that while you shall acknowledge some of the posts that I sent to you while denying the others that I sent to you on the same day, through the same post office. I attach the proof of postage for original CCA herewith for your perusal. Kindly update your records accordingly, the initial CCA request was launched on 5th of July 2013 and you had 12+2 days to reply. As you never replied to my original CCA request as per the law I sent you a dispute letter which also acted as a formal complaint letter on 20th of July through recorded delivery which you have acknowledged in your recent correspondence.

Therefore, as per subsection 78(6) I shall wait 21 days from my letter of dispute and provided within this period you fail to furnish any valid documentation as per my request initiated on 20th of July, I shall hope to receive no more harassing correspondence regarding this account as you would not be able to enforce this debt. May I remind you that I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

Sincerely,

• 1 month later...

Here is a further update on this case. Its a very good news. I have now 2 out of 5 cases to resolve. One for DLC and other for Arrow Global. I am indebted to you guys as ever.

I received the attached on Friday last week. I am indebted to you guys for this. I owe this website and the people here a lot. Hopefully you guys shall accept my gratitude on my next pay day.

Thanks.

I am now excited about your advice on my other matters that I opened on this website.

and another fleecer bites the dust

dx

and they