hamlyns sanatander

hderto
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i fell into mortgage arrears and agreed to repay them @ £350 per month, i could not make that payment last month so have been sent a possesion hearing for 11 july, the arrears are £2720 monthly payment is £604, i have paid in £1700 last week to leave £1k outstanding, i aim to clear the remainder by this Friday. what is the way forward for me.

thanks

Saj

If there are no arrears by the 11th July then the lender can't get possession. Have you responded to the court papers ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You should ring Santander after making Friday's payment and advise them that the arrears are now clear, they should then cancel the hearing on 11th July.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

arrears have been cleared but Santander stated to contact hamlyns. solicitor is on leave and will contact me on Monday. will not sleep until spoken to him

I will send S.O.S. to Ellen for you :)

The hearing is tomorrow isn't it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Are you able to show you can afford the normal monthly payments going forward ?

Me being cynical thinks that the only reason the Solicitor wants this to go ahead is in order to justify administrative charges/costs.

I am advised that you should ask for no costs to be awarded as the hearing is/was unnecessary.

Please let us know how you get on tomorrow :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you got a statement and proof of income to take to court with you? is your lawyer friend attending with you?

You will also need proof of payment of the arrears

OK, we would be grateful if you could let us know the outcome.

my lawyer attended hearing, santander barrister would not agree to pay my costs outside the court. inside she was requesting £1900 + more for duration of hearing. judge looked through casework and was not impressed with barrister, he awarded nominal costs of £70 to which she said she wanted directions from the client he told her no time for that , also she wanted adjournment for the lifetime of the mortgage term, my friend sucessfully argued against it and the Judge granted it for 12 months. Barrister was not happy , but i am

Well done. Very good news you had your lawyer friend present on your behalf :)

BCOBS

That's great news :)