Fredrickson International and Bryan Carter chyasing me for dodgy Vodafone debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice on how to deal with this debt problem I'm having.

The whole issue started when I attempted to cancel my 24 month Vodafone mobile phone contract over the phone in February 2013

just before I made my final payment of the 24 month contract.

Just as I thought my contract had come to an end (one which I could barely afford as it was £40 a month,

and during the last year of the contract I was unemployed)

a couple of months later I received a letter from Vodafone explaining I had an outstanding balance of £143.00.

I contacted Vodafone and explained my situation to an advisor (who was completely useless)

who told me I was still under contract with Vodafone as my contract had been rolled over without my permission even after cancelling my contract over the phone,

the advisor told me the reason I was still under contract with Vodafone was because I hadn't been put through to Vodafone's cancelations department

when I telephoned to cancel my contract,

I asked her to end my contract as I was still being charged for line rental but she couldn't do that for some reason.

The thing that really annoyed me was I had taken out a new contract with Talk Talk and had not used my Vodafone account for 2 months,

so I was being charged for line rental that I was not using even after trying to cancel my 24 month contract that had been paid in full.

I eventually went to my local Vodafone shop where the sales assistant helped me terminate my contract but could not wipe the outstanding debt,

and here is where the troubles started.

First I received a letter from Fredrickson International saying I should contact them over the outstanding debt of £143.00,

which I did over the phone explaining I had no intention of paying as I had canceled my contract with Vodafone after paying my 24 month contract in full

and they had rolled over the contract without my permission,

they then asked me how I canceled the Vodafone contract to which I replied over the phone to

which I was told I should have done it in writing 28 days before my contract expired.

I then received many phonecalls from Fredrickson which I mostly ignored as they would not listen to reason and were often quite obnoxious.

I also received more letters from Fredrickson demanding payment in full or proceedings would be taken which would increase the debt to £208.

And today I received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors demanding payment in full within 14 days or proceeding will be issued increasing the debt to £208.36.

Could anybody give me some advice on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

There is a vodafone rep on here who is very helpful and helped me resolve a matter. Someone will hopefully come along with instructions.

Are freds acting on behalf of vodafone or has the debt been sold?

If vodafone are still involved, first step would be to get them to ask freds/carter (same organisation btw) to hold off whilst this is investigated by lee (voda rep).

Don't suppose you have proof of cancellation do you?

Most mobile contracts automatically roll one the contract period is up unless cancelled for which one needs to give notice.

• Haha 1

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Also check your credit file to see if it's been trashed.

and don't talk to freds or carter on the phone. Everything in writing by recorded delivery

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

****Also you will get an auto reply number. Post the number you get back this thread ***

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Mr Hat I'm not sure if Fredrickson are acting on behalf of Vodafone, I tried to get proof of the cancellation as Vodafone told me they would have the conversation where I cancelled the contract recorded and get back to me, but nothing came of it, and after trying again just got the run around.

Have you got evidence that you did attempt the cancellation?

Have Vodafone agreed that you did attempt to terminate the contract?

Bankfodder Vodafone customer services haven't agreed that I attempted to terminate the contract as they want to hear my recorded conversation, but a sales assistant at my local Vodafone shop looked on the computer system and says it appears I have tried to terminate my contract. I just seem to be running around in circles as Vodafone won't even deal with me, they say it is in Frerickson International's hands now.

And you have been doing business on the phone without recording calls - Vodafone will be pleased.

Go back to the shop immediately and speak to the same sales assistant. Get him/her to look again at the screen and find the some info. Try to get a screenshot of the screen which shows this info. Take a picture - as well. Check the picture and make sure that it is a good one. Get the name of the sales assistant. Get any details of the screen shot such as time date etc of the termination attempt.

Do this before you communicate with the VF rep here or with anyone else at VF.

This information is essential. Do it tomorrow. Once you get the info then you are safe.

Come back here and we will help you bring the matter to an end and also get a sensible sum in compensation. Vodafone are in a mess when it comes to dealing with people's accounts and their credit files.

Follow DX's advice and see if Lee can find any trace of this cancelation aswell

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Go and see the shop first before you have any contact with any VF rep.

One you have got your evidence, then by all means contact VF - but keep us informed because we will help you get a better deal

Dk's first reply has instructions

Hi Glenn1210,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

From reading through your thread I can see that there's been a mixture of opinions on the best way of dealing with things.

To enable me to help you further could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

• 1 month later...