a boyfriend, 3 kids, 1 cat and no house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i was told to come here by a relative for some advice, im sorry my first post is requesting help.

Ive recently recieved an eviction notice from the court. on the house ive lived in for the past 4 years, it states we are being evicted due to a breach of my tenancy agreement.

i phoned my letting agent up and asked him why i was being evicted. to which they replied i breached it by decorating the front room, and there was some steel drainpipes on my drive (6) as i did not have the means to take them away at the time as they were left by a friend. Also another thing they have stated is there is damage to the front door.

The front door is a UVPC door which has never closed properley since we moved in as it catches on the top part of the lock so you sort of have to slam it. however one of the times we had to slam it shut in the bad weather we had a few months ago one of the 2 panes(which are sandwiched) on the door smashed. it was the pane of glass that blocked people looking in so the only pane now is a clear one that looks right into the house.

As for the decorating, i only decorated the front room due to the wall paper peeling and the fact i have 3 children and lived here 4 years so obviously its going to get damaged and scuffed. However every person who has visited my property has complimented how well done the decorating is and better than what was originally there.

i believe the reason they are being like is is due to the fact most the houses on my culd-i-sac are rented and recently the value of the rentals has gone up however ours stayed the same, and i feel i'm being made a scape goat just so the owner and the agents can earn more cash.

since living here ive paid for the boiler to be repaired twice myself, as every time i report a repair it gets ignored and i'm not having my kids going cold. i told them the conservatory leaks and i had to turn the power off in there as it trips the electrics. the front door isn't working properly(they ignored and then glass broke), the cooker which is built into the units doesn't work properly. the kitchen cupboards falling apart, split bath panel and also bath leaking into dining room , you can actually see the outline of my bath on the dining room ceiling.

funny thing is in the garage since we moved in, has had a area boarded off with a padlocked door which only the owner of the house has access to, which contains tools and diy stuff, however all that stuff so close and they still dont do repairs. even tho i pay rent for the whole house and i act as a storage locker for the owners stuff.

i dont now what to do. how long by law do i have to get out, and if that time passes and i havent got anywhere do i get an extension as i don't want to be on the streets with the kids.

thank you for listening to my rant

Shelter should be able to advise you of any rights you have. Hopefully there will be some caggers who will pop in on your thread later on as well.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/how_we_can_help/housing_advice_helpline

or

Ring 0808 800 4444

8am-8pm Monday-Friday

8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday

Calls are free from UK landlines and main

mobile networks (Vodafone, O2, EE and

Virgin Mobile).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So have you actually received anything in writing from the letting agent on Eviction?

They will have to go to court for eviction and there is a process which they have to follow have a look at this link: https://www.gov.uk/search?q=eviction

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Have you ACTUALLY received a Possession Order (eviction notice) from Cour,t or just letter or poss s21or s8 notice from LL/LA,

Give us a clue to what it says.

If it is indeed an official Court Order, it should give the info you ask. If not, ring the Clerk of the Court and ask for clarification. Does not sound kosher to me.