Failed washing machine delivery

wellie3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a washing machine on Wednesday 26th June for delivery on Friday 28th June. I took a day off work and dutifully waited in. I received a phone call at 12.30 pm from the delivery man saying he would be with me within the hour. 6.00 pm rolled around and I made the 1st of numerous phone calls. I was told that my delivery window was 2.25 to 6.25 pm and that I still had 25 mins left in which the delivery man could arrive. I called again at 6.35 pm only to be told that my washing machine had been signed for and fitted. I stated categorically that this was not the case.:x I was put on hold and then put through to the depot where i spoke to Anna at 6.50 pm who reiterated that the machine had been signed for and was delivered and fitted. She failed to understand that if this was the case, then I would not be calling. She finally agreed to investigate what had happened and would call me back.

I called Currys again at 7.30 pm and spoke to a lovely man called Arun who noted my complaint and who contacted the depot again requesting that they call me back. I told him that I could take a delivery tomorrow (sat 29th) but had to leave by 10.00 am as had plans for Saturday that could not be changed. 7.40 pm I received a call from the depot asking about how many door bells were at my flat. Told him only 1 as I have a separate front door from the rest of the house. He told me he would call me back. Waited up until 10.00 pm for a call that never came.

Saturday 29th June - called Currys again and spoke to Richard from 8.00-8.12 am, he informed me that there would be a delivery on Sunday 30th and that I would receive a phone call on Saturday to let me know what time. No phone call.

Sunday 30th June - called Currys again and spoken to Kalswom at 11.10 am. She informed me that the depot would call me back.

12.00 pm - no phone call received, called Currys again and spoke to Kalswom and eventually her manager Ahmad. He offered new delivery dates, failing to understand that I am unable to take any more time off work. He also suggested that as I was unable to do the dates and times he offered that I should cancel my order. When I explained that I could not take any more time off work but could accept a delivery after 5pm, he was unable to offer this, he eventually put the phone down on me. :-x

1.00 pm - my partner seeing how distressed I was over this called Currys again and was put through to the depot where he tried to sort out the issue. He was also told that he would receive a call back from the depot.

4.25 pm - as we have received no call again from Currys. I called to try and rebook a new delivery date. I spoke to a customer service man called John, who was very pleasant and reasonably understanding of my situation. As my partner has agreed to take the morning off work (as a private contractor, he will not be paid for taking this time off) on Friday 5th July, I asked for the 7.00-11.00 am slot. He was unable to get hold of the depot to confirm this slot. I was informed that someone will call be back on Monday 1st July but he was unable to provide me with a time frame for the call. Given their past history of this weekend of not returning calls, I am not hopeful.

Currys has failed to understand the meaning of customer service and that mistakes they make need to be rectified by them and not the customer. They seem to believe that customers can take time off work at the drop of a hat without the subsequent loss of a day/half days pay or precious annual leave.

I look forward to updating this post with positive news but am not at all hopeful.

It looks like the email to the CEO has worked. I received a call today at 10.47 from a lovely woman called Nicky who apologised for the problems I had experienced and said that they would work around me as I was the one who had been inconvenienced. Delivery expected after 4.00 pm on the 2nd July.

Will keep you posted.

Finally the washing machine has arrived - earlier than expected but a bonus. However, and here is the kicker, the waste pipe on the washing machine is on the wrong side of the machine and therefore too short.:-x I now have to go out and purchase an extended waste for washing machines. I don't understand this as the machine they took away, the waste pipe fitted fine. I suggested using that waste pipe but its a sealed unit and cannot be removed. I guess a word of advice for all those buying washing machines, check which side the waste pipe is situated on and how long it is or you too will be out of pocket.

I have had to book another call for Currys to finish the installation on Friday. Again, Currys unable to give a specific time so my partner will have to take the day off work as I can't.

The saga continues...

• 3 weeks later...

I had to contact Sebastian James again after having received no response to my letter of complaint or for compensation sent on the 5th July. Received a phone call from Marie Harrison from KnowHow acknowledging letter but stating they wont be covering the time my partner had to take off work for a 3rd delivery (6 hours) as the order was not in his name. They also wont compensate for the emotional distress I have suffered trying to sort out where my washing machine was in the first place and for the runaround I received from there customer service department. Waiting to hear back about what they will give me as a "gesture of good will". Will keep you up-dated.

I have know doubt that my neighbor, who's washer/dryer was taken away and destroyed will end up with more compensation or a new combined machine, even though he should never have accepted my machine in the first place.

Currys have offered me £100 as a gesture of good will for the inconvenience I experienced in dealing with this company. They have not offered to compensate my partner for the time he had to take off work for the 3rd visit by the company. Should I take this or insist on half of my original claim? I originally calculated it all to be around£560 (phone calls, time of work for me, time off work for my partner (2nd and 3rd visits)0, having to use a laundrette and for emotional distress). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.