Heiditk 'v' Barclays- Please, I need help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me... I sent my SAR off and yesterday received a letter from the bank, apparently my request got passed to a different dept for comment... I'm not well up on all the bank jargon, and would like some help knowing what the next best course of action to do is.

The letter tells me the bank is not under obligation to present information according to any particular format, therefore a request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. They are sending me statements out in due course. But they are advising that some statement information arising from the period to and possibly during 1999-2000 is manually stored in the form of microfiche and does not fall within the data access provisions of the DPA. They also state, referring to my mention of manual intervention, the DPA does not oblige the bank to comment about internal policies and procedures, furthermore, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts the bank does not hold the information I have requested in a form that would be covered by the DPA. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute 'personal data' under the DPA and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA SAR.

Please someone tell me what this all means, it's double duch to me!!!!!!

This is quite normal. If you look in the library you will find a letter that you can send back with regard to this Microfiche issue. Incidently the ICO has just found that Abbey Nationals Microfiche system WAS a relevant filing system so that means that Barclaycard MUST give you your information and NOT charge anything further towards the cost (they tried to make me pay extra for microfiche statements).

Hope that helps

Slinky

**WON** 09.11.06 MBNA No 2: £1876.28 Credit Card Charges

**WON** 25.10.06 CAPITAL ONE: £656.67 Credit Card Charges

**WON** 19.10.06 ABBEY NATIONAL (4524): £523.43 Bank Charges Claim

I've checked the libraries out and not sure which letter it is I need to be sending them... Can you give me a little more detail about what the letter states, so as I can find it easier, or if you have a link for it to send me...

Thankyou :)

Heidi

You have to posts open in the Welcome forum.

What you need to do now is start using the main forum for all threads and posts.

if you ever get lost, click the blue consumeraction at the top left of the blue section on this screen.

You will then be taken to the main menu.

Good luck

BL:)

• Confused 1