Barclays and data protection breach??

stevied
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife had a business account with Barclays, and has been getting pestered to clear the debt. However, I was sent a letter outlining how much was owed. I had nothing to do with that account, it was private, yet I was included on the mailing list because I had a current account with Barclays. They had been told on a few occasions that I had nothing to do with that account and that it was private, so how come I was sent this letter? If I was a nasty person, which I am not, I may just have caused a riot with the wife about getting in to debt and may even have ended up divorced.

Have we got a relevant claim over disclosure under the Data Protection Act??

I want to make this bank squirm because of the trouble they have caused me and my family over they years. Already got a reply to my initial letter over a claim of £1300+,

now after Barclaycard and the business account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Barclays -

- initial letter sent

- LBA sent 30/10/06

- settlement "good will" offer 10/11/06

- rejection letter sent 11/11/06

my case is not the same as yours but still a breach of data, i requested 6 years bank statements form Barclays only to be horrified that they sent me someone elses, i complained to barclays who reassured me that my statements had not been sent to another party. The next day i recieved a package from a Barclays customer containing my bank statements! the customer didn't leave any address or contact details but is a member of this site. I have not been able to contact them but have written a letter to barclays asking for a change of account number and compensation for my stress!

thanks michelle, see you not too far from me on t'other side of water :)

Let me know how u go on, interested to know. It is despicable the way banks treat you willy nilly, and just expect you to accept their blunders with a pinch of salt.

Cheers

Steve

Barclays -

- initial letter sent

- LBA sent 30/10/06

- settlement "good will" offer 10/11/06

- rejection letter sent 11/11/06

• 6 months later...

hello everybody, i'm new to all this and was after a bit of advice.. I sent a letter asking for information to barclays 50 days ago now, they have not cashed the £10 cheque and i have not recieved any correspondence whatsoever from them, i believe i have to send them a letter telling them to disclose the reqired info within 7 days, how stern should this letter be and should i be

cheers

Mark

Mark, Welcome to CAG, before you start would you start your own thread please as you are hijacking someone elses.

When you have your own, then all answers etc are directed straight to your claim in particular, if there are several people in one thread it gets confusing.

please click here and re post. thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 3 weeks later...