Getting information on a will

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you should simply curb your curiosity until such times as whoever sends you a letter enclosing a cheque !

I think you are probably right! :-) But you don't know my dysfunctional family!

It sounds unlikely she would "hit the roof" over such a minor issue. Its a perfectly reasonable request and she must have the documents close to hand. I don't know the family but my guess would be that you are overthinking this. I imagine she is more pre-occupied with the loss of a family member and the stress of administering an estate than whether she should scan a document. No doubt the other beneficiaries will also be asking for a copy.

Ha! You've never met her, but I've known her 45 years - believe me, she'd hit the roof ...

Right, thanks all - problem solved. My brother's widow emailed yesterday to say they should be paying out in 1-2 weeks. I live in Thailand, but will be in the UK from 15/7 to 5/8, so she suggested I call the Trustees to provide them with a UK address, which I have done. I asked the chap if it was possible to have a copy of the will or was it a trust, which would be confidential. He informed me that it was a confidential trust, and no copies would be given out, nor any copies of the Letter of Wishes. So that's that - I've learnt something and so, I hope, have others.

So he didint leave you anything in his will but left money in a trust of which you are a beneficiary. They are different things, as you have found out. The will's contents are very public.