style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have just taken in a rescue cat, had him castrated, jabbed and chipped.

He's stopped spraying, but he has a bad habit of trying to hump every thing in sight, the wife, the dog, the sofa, the other cat (who's male). Can anyone suggest a remedy?

It can take a few weeks for the hormones to finally settle. Other than that, it could be a dominance issue. (My buck rabbit still mounts the doe even though they've both been neutered for three years!)

Give him some time to settle, then see your vet if it continues. Hope it sorts itself out, and well done for taking in a rescue; I wish more people would xx

He'd been straying around the house for about three months before we decided to take action. We caught him and took him to the vets to see if he was chipped - he wasn't, so decided to give him a proper home, we lost one of our cats earlier this year to old age. The day we caught him, he must have been in one hell of a fight as he had a gaping wound on his shoulder. The vets cleaned him up free of charge. The spraying lasted two months now, just the humping.

We thought about the water pistol, but it was so funny looking at Max the cat's face as George tried to mount him..

ours took 2 years to settle down, now he only abuses if we have a sheepskin rug out

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Do we need to get a mod to change the thread to "frisky rat"?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

It's habit, and some habits die hard. Just give him some kind of a distraction, and once the hormones that cause it dissipate and he has something else to focus on, he will forget about it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have a cat like that.........the times I've had to get her out of the bath or from out of the toilet is astounding! (there's now a written reminder on the toilet lid to keep it closed!) When I don't know where she is, I turn the kitchen tap on full blast and she magically appears within seconds and dives underneath it!

How about switching on the hoover when he starts. My cats run for it as soon as they see it coming out as they hate the noise. I've told them there has never been an incident of a hoover eating a cat, but they just don't believe me!

Mind you, from what we've heard about George so far he may think it's a present from Ann Summers' for Cats.

The glass in my back door keeps falling out and smashing, because my cat keeps on scraping away the stuff that keeps it in.

He is a PUTTY CAT :razz:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• 2 weeks later...