roleup

Court claim from united utilities

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2150 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

I have today received a County Court claim from United Utilities for my water bill for period March 2013 to March 2014.

I have some knowledge of law etc and in my opinion surely they can not take me to court for services not yet delivered.

surely they can only claim for period March 2013 to todays date and not for the full 12 months.

If I where to leave this property today , and move into a tent not requiring a water supply for arguments sake,

then in theory I would have paid for water services to this property with no way of getting that money back.

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether this Court claim is valid and would be enforced by the Courts.

IMHO you are correct

many water companies insist its paid in one or two lump sums

whereby , if it were say inc in the council tax, its monthly.

I would challenge it.

moved to legal forum

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Did you sort this out, Roleup?

I am trying to fight the same thing I would appreciate any advice.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .