No ticket left and wrong street name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , Wonder if anyone could advise me on PCN I have recieved today , I visited Bradford on 21 May 2013 , I was parked up in a street call Brearton street for approx 30 mins . However I have just recieved a PCN for £70 stating I was parked in Breaton street ( They have missed the R out ) in a permit space with no permit . Also it states that as I had not responded to the 14 day payment it had now gone up to £70 . This is the 1st I have heard of it , No parking Ticket was put on my car so obviously I could not respond and pay the £35 . I am thinking of appealing against this . I would be very grateful of any advice on this matter . Regards Mark

This presumably is the Notice to Owner?

Wrong location is normally fatal to a PCN. The trouble is you don't have the PCN and so you don't know for certain whether this was on the original or is just a typo on the NtO.

That said, having missed the discount, you have nothing to lose by making a formal appeal.

Hi Michael, Yes this is an NTO . I take it if they have the street name wrong on this document it does not make any difference ? It seems very unfair that I have was not served the PCN and given the opportunity to pay the £35 which it states on this document. I am a 55yr old male who is the most caucious person in the world when it comes to parking ( Never had a parking fine in 37yrs driving ).What really ****es me off is the owner of the shop that I was visiting said it was 90 mins free parking then a permit was needed which they would be provide if need be , I did not need that as I was only there for apx 1/2 hr. What do you think would be the best way to approach this if I make an appeal ? I really feel like I have some how been set up . Again any advice would be very grateful. Thanks again Mark

What really ****es me off is the owner of the shop that I was visiting said it was 90 mins free parking then a permit was needed which they would be provide if need be

Except that he was correct. The first bays on both sides of the road are 90 mins free parking. those further down Brearton Rd are permit holder only.

What do you think would be the best way to approach this if I make an appeal ?

As i said you have nothing to lose, so appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur. You were not parked in Breaton Street as alleged on the PCN.

It's a very slim chance. I have just Googled "Breaton Street" and there doesn't seem to be one in the entire country. Therefore it can only be seen as a spelling mistake, not a "wrong location". If there really was a Breaton Street, you'd be home and dry.

If it were me, I would double check on Google Street View the exact spot, confirm the regulations there, and if you really were in contravention, I would appeal for the discount to be reinstated rather than appealing the whole thing. This can work, and they do sometimes allow the discount if they think you will just pay up. Personally, I think a full appeal against the full charge is a long shot to say the least.

Yes it does. It is impossible for the OP to have contravened a TRO in a street that does not exist. Bearing in mind recent adjudications who know how they would find on the day.

I'd be surprised if PATAS wouldn't accept the spelling of "Breaton" as being an allowable minor mis-spelling of "Brearton" particularly if no road exists with the 1st spelling.

I would say taking it to adjudication would be very risky if that was the only defence.