British Telecom. Can I get out of contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am probably flogging a dead horse here but.....

We have recently changed from Sky to BT as we are moving house and I wanted to keep my phone number (Sky cannot do that but BT can :-( )

So we had BT activated just yesterday at our current address. This had to be done so BT had our line when we move - next Wednesday.

They are now saying they cannot activate a home move for our line until the day we move then it could take up to 10 days for the line in the new house to be activated. I have been passed from pillar to post today trying to get them to sort the mess out and am no further forward...:evil:

Is there any way I can cancel my 18month contract straight away and go back to Sky? I now completely remember why I went to Sky in the first place...:mad2:

Hiya ..write to BT explaining everything but expect to pay a lot to get out of a contract but appeal it !! ..I still had to pay hundreds ..

Cheers.

I ended up asking to speak to a supervisor tonight (which I hate doing as it sounds pompous!) He has assured me they will ring me tomorrow night at approx. 6pm to let me know if they can solve the problem or if they can't to let me know I will essentially be without our service for up to 10 days...! My wife works from home via the internet so that is not good at all...

It is like smashing your head of a brick wall trying to get them to sort anything out. Sky were never any bother at all and could sort things out pretty instantly.

They can activate it at any time. They dont have to wait until you physically move out of the old place and into the new one. The only condition they have is that someone is in the new house at a certain date when it is meant to be activated incase an engineer needs to call round to do a few tests.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I used to work for Sky for 20 months doing Line Rental Provisioning and ... Would you look at that... Moving home too! :):lol:

Now sky should have been able to move your line no questions asked. but if you were moving to another exchange or you were moving to an area not served by Skys SVBN (Sky voice and broadband Network) then thats why they couldnt keep it.

IE if you moved from Portsmouth South to Southampton etc.

Please remember with anything like this you have a cooling off period... failing that then im sorry but you are out of luck :(

The reason they can't activate the line until after the day you move is because there would be an open cease order for the current tenants to have theirs cancelled. Its not cancellation grounds, however why not just pay BT for the line and get sky BB & Calls with TV :)

They will work on it :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis