style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok bear with me on this as I have been trying to help my cousin out with her problem.

Today Marston came round to her house and took possession of her car. When she contacted them, they explained it was for a Parking Ticket issued by Essex County Council last year.

This was the first that either my cousin or her husband had heard about it. Marston said they had written to them and hand delivered a letter, yet my cousin has nothing of the sort from them.

My problem is in understanding the process by which this debt should be claimed. Would a warrent of distress been issued or not.

She has paid the fine and fees they applied which totaled to just over £600. If needed I have the only piece of paperwork that Marston gave them which is the Notice of seizure of Goods and inventory.

Many thanks in advance.

Bavo

They knew about the original ticket however forgot it due to a family matter that arose at the time.

What they did not know about was the matter being taken to court, or the letters that Marston say they posted and hand delivered.

Also they have not moved address.

As well as the original ticket the Council would have sent probably at least 2 different notices to them about this. There would have been no need for them to have been notified Court action was pending as this would be automatic following non-payment.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I cannot stress how many times I give the same advice which is....either pay the PCN at the earliest possible opportunity ( and in any event within the time scale to benefit for the 50% reduction) or appeal the PCN to the council.

The council will send a Notice to Owner in the post and this will be followed by a Charge Certificate and then an Order for Recovery ( which is to advise that the debt is registered at Northampton Court.

Can you find out which notices were received?