F.O.S upheld my ppi complaint but will take another year to enforce it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two months ago the F.O.S upheld my ppi complaint against Lloyds and gave them a month to respond if they agreed or not. As Lloyds have ignored them my complaint now has to go to an Ombudsman to make a legally binding ruling which can take up to another year!

Is this just another tactic the banks employ trying to make people give up fighting them?

I always thought if the F.O.S upheld your complaint that was a legal ruling but apparently a complaint has to be upheld by an Ombudsman to be of any use.

I must admit, I find this quite astonishing. LTSB have been fined and censured by the regulators and still they go their own way.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What is the value of the award?

Have you got written confirmation from fos that your complaint has been upheld?

Have you written to Lloyds to find out what the delay in payment is all about?

Have Lloyds appealed he decision? Fos will tell you if they have.

I'm not sure what amount will be refunded, I originally added 8% to each monthly amount but the FOS letter says Lloyds should put me back in a position as if i had never had ppi.

I had a letter and phone call from the FOS saying they upheld my complaint a while ago, but Lloyds have ignored them and not even bothered replying to say whether they agree with the decision or not.

I haven't contacted Lloyds myself yet as i thought it was the job of the FOS to sort it out but it looks like i'm gona have to chase this up myself.

I've been a pain to Lloyds for the last 18 months so i was expecting them to disagree with the FOS decision but it looks like their going to try and drag it out as long as they can!

What I would do is write to fos and tell them that despite them upholding the claim, the bank have not progressed this any further and that it would appear that they are not acting upon the fos decision. Ask fos to confirm whether or not Lloyds have appealed their decision.

I would also write to Lloyds asking them to explain themselves and requiring them to give an explanation as to why your money has not been repaid.

If you have a written confirmation from fos that you claim has been upheld then it seems to me that a quicker route may well be to sue Lloyds and force them to comply with the fos decision.

That was the reason for asking about the amount of the claim because if it is less than £10,00 then a court action would be via the small claims court.

No legally binding decision has been made on your case yet.

The first assessment is informal - the letter you received should tell you this. Usually, the business will agree with this in which case the case is resolved.

However if they reject the first assessment either by expressly saying so or by not bothering to reply at all, the only way of moving forward is to have an ombudsman make a final (binding) decision.