PDL company took me to court - help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

18 months ago I borrowed £200 from Getapaydayloanfast (ONESYS), but before I could repay it, I took advice from a Debt Management Company and decided to enter into a DMP.

I had about £20K of debt and told ONESYS my position immediately. I set up the plan and all creditors accepted it, apart from ONESYS. They took my payments from the DMP and continued to add interest and charges, until the outstanding amount reached well over £2000!

They took me to court, stating that they had email, called and written to me (a lie as they had only emailed me) and that they had received no payments. I contested it, and showed the payments from the DMP and stated that the charges were excessive, but the court naturally sided with ONESYS. They are now looking to get a judgement (no doubt so they can sell on the debt) and I have offered a one off payment of £250 or £20 pm. They did not accept this and want either £650 or £100pm for 28 months! Remember I only borrowed £200.

I cannot afford this but do not want a CCJ, can anyone help? I don't know how people work for companies like this, or how we allow them to act this way with the protection of the law!

I hope someone can help.

Charlie

WHo is the DMP? It doesnt sound like they have done their job right at all.

court naturally sided with ONESYS.

The courts dont side with anyone. They take all evidence into account and make a decision based on that. This may sound harsh, but 90% of people that try to defend themselves do a very poor job of it, and the claimant gets the judgement. Also, regarding repayments not a CCJ is in place, ignore the PDL. Contact the court and send in a comprehensive I&E. Payments are only made according to Your financial circusmtances not a random amount the claimant decides. The problem you have now is you didnt do a good job of defending yourself so they have a CCJ for the amount they claimed.

Hold tight for a few and someone else can give their input.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You say that they took you to court and the court sided with them.. Later you say they are now "Looking to get a Judgement".

If they took you to court and won then they already have a judgement.

Do you mean that they are wanting to enforce the judgement?

I think you should file an N245 at the court together with an Income and Expenditure Account so that the level of repayment can be set by the court.

Was the Judge's decision that you pay "forthwith"?

I entered a defence which was rejected, but (unless I am mistaken) a judgement is not in force at the moment. ONESYS will go back to the court shortly. They confirmed this when they said only £100pm would stop court action.

I haven't been asked to complete an I&E, wouldn't I have had to do this before a CCJ was granted?

They have just contacted me and said that 'some charges have been duplicated, and the amount owed is now £900'! The amount filed with the court was over £2000, so would they have to start the process again?

They could amend the claim, but you need to make sure that the court knows what is going on. How did they contact you? It must be in writing, as a phone call cannot be used as evidence unless it is recorded in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They emailed me, but it isn't anything official. They haven't explained what charges were duplicated or how the new figure is calculated.

When they gave the new figure, they didn't then give me a revised acceptable figure to repay. Is it worth me checking to make sure they have the right CCA papers? So far they have been very amateur and it's like dealing with a loan shark!

There seems to be some confusion here and you need to find out whether a judgement has been entered or not.

I would be inclined to phone the court and find out what is what.

When was this court hearing you refer to?

When you submitted your defence to the court, what did you say ?

Have you received notice from the court to say that Judgment has been awarded to the opposition.

Did they give you any reason for rejecting your defence.

If you could tell us exactly what happened from the time you received the claim till the time you submitted your defence, then we will be better placed to understand what has gone on.

Did you actually send your defence to the court or did you send it to the claimant ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am fighting them in Court at the moment.

check the loan period in my case they tried to bring forward the payment date forward by 9 days therefore the APR is wrong, therefore they breached the contract.

I suggest that you send a revised Defence that you believe that you are being overcharged and that the Claimant has admitted this and attach the email or note of the call saying it should be £900.

DONT TAKE CALLS FROM THEM ALWAYS HAVE A PAPER TRAIL.

GOOD LUCK

• 6 months later...

Can someone please update what happened in their fight against ONESYS as we are being threatened with court at the moment and the outstanding balance is currently 6 x bigger than the original loan repayment was.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Can someone please update what happened in their fight against ONESYS as we are being threatened with court at the moment and the outstanding balance is currently 6 x bigger than the original loan repayment was.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Can you create a new thread and provide as much info as possible? With PDL's they threaten everything, but normally if the debt is full of bogus charges/interest, they prefer to simply sell it on.

It;s doubtful those posters will ever come back, but lets hope they do :)