Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi guys,


I was involved in a RTA yesterday whilst at work delivering goods for my employer. Witnesses have informed my employer, the police and insurance company that it was not my fault as the other vehicle drove straight into my lane causing me to slam on the breaks. After a couple of 360's across the dual carriageway the van finally came to a stop after thumping the barrier and skidding 100 yards down the road on the drivers side.


Unfortunately myself and witnesses never got the registration of the other vehicle who was probably oblivious to what they had caused!


After a visit to A&E yesterday and the my GP this morning I have been signed off work for 1 week due to contorted muscles and general painful bumps and bruises (nothing too serious thankfully)!


I can find nothing in my contract about sick pay due to an accident at work and im wondering if I will be entitled to full usual wages, statuary sick pay or claim loss of earnings from my companies insurance?


Any advice much appreciated,



Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised you have had no replies yet.


The difference between an accident at home or an accident at work is just the place it happens, there is no difference in your rights so follow your normal sickness procedure.


The only difference is if the company that employ you was negligent, in which case you could claim compensation through a civil claim against them.

Negligence could be in your situation, that you were not sufficiently trained in the vehicle you were using, there were defects in the vehicle not obvious from your daily check sheets, the vehicle was not properly maintained etc.

Their defence could of course be that you have been trained in that or similar vehicles (written training record is shown), vehicle is properly maintained.


Unless you stand to lose a lot of cash probably not worth taking that route.


The best plan of attack in my opinion is speak to your boss say you will be out of pocket through no fault of your own whilst performing work duties and ask if they will pay your wages in full for the duration you are off work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The sickness procedure is the one that is in your terms and conditions of service/contract. Anything else you have suffered in the way of injury or losses and will have to be claimed from your employer or their insurers.If your employer is a decent sort they will pay you an advance against any claim you make as a result of the accident and sort the rest out later

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...