• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

minicredit negotiotion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,i wont bore you with the ins and outs of my loan,but top and bottom is i cannot afford to repay it at this moment in time.

i have told minicredit and started a negotiotion /discussion with them.

they have sent me this and i just wondered if the charges were legit,it seems exessive to me on an original 220 quid loan to owe 500+

i would appreciate if anybody who has had more experience with them could advise on how i proceed from here

The first option is a roll-over. Roll-over is available 3 days before the due date and allows You to extend the loan for up to 30 days if You think that in 30 days Your situation will omprove. To apply for the roll-over You have to pay the interest up to date and extension fee of £15.00 however the roll-over depends on Your credit check results and might be declined.

The second option we are able to provide You is a settlement plan for £511.68. We provide all our clients 120 days from the due date to make payments of any amount towards their outstanding balance. Your current loan is not even overdue which provides You 135 days to make payments of any amount. You would need to make at least one payment a month towards the balance and clear the whole remaining balance by the 7th of November 2013.

The third option is a long term payment plan. We are able to accept the amount of £561.68 repayable under a payment plan through our payments collection partner. The payment plan balance consists of the following:

1. Original due date balance £300.08

2. Default charges £40.00 (Unless the loan is repaid in full before the 4th overdue day)

3. Interest for our default period of 60 days £171.60 (Will not increase even if t takes You a year to repay the Loan)

4. Debt recovery fee for setting up an alternative payment arrangement £50.00

The contractual interest rate is 1.3% of the principal per day from the date of issuing until the 60th day after the chosen due date. The above described overdue charges and interest are in accordance with the Loan Agreement. When choosing a long term payment plan option, a default will be marked on You credit reference file immediately but You will be able to make payments during a longer period of time.

Kind Regards,

MiniCredit Hardship Department

[email protected]

thanks for any advice guys

just for reference sake this is the current state of my account

2013-06-12£220.00£257.18£290.182013-07-10Active loan

Minicredit are well known for adding on unlawful charges. Ignore them and if you feel the need to reply, tell them that you deny any and all liability for the charges and demand that they be explained in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i chose to speak to them,perhaps unwisely(i have kept it to email) they now are requesting documents relating to my finances and employment(or lack of) and the guy seems to be trying to boggle me .

i have read these forums before asking for help and tried to apply some tactics ive seen mentioned elsewhere but im out of my depth and i think the guy knows it, this was theyre last reply to me

Without the documentation we asked we are not able to assess your financial situation, calculate and affordable installment for a payment plan and consider a decrease of charges.

As You are already planning to see a legal advisor, please ask whether the creditor is entitled for the supportive documentation once the debtor is requesting for a payment plan.

We are not trying to avoid helping you in your difficult situation where full repayment cannot be made. Please provide us with the supportive documentation so that a payment arrangement could be set up in a fair and reasonable way.

where do i go from here,ive no idea what im doing and considering a debt management company(can anybody recommend one)

The creditor is NOT entitled to documentation. Especially a low priority pay day loan company. The documentation is sent at the sole discretion of the debtor, and even then, only a simplified budget summary is needed. Nothing more. Minicredit are all bark and no bite. Once you show them you are not scared of them, you know your rights and you wont back down, they soon give up and start offering "discounts".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

thank you renegadeimp

do you know if idebt plan are legit dmc ?

im not particulaly scared of them,but i would like to know where i stand legally before i stand my ground.i dont want to be spouting nonsense to them,letting them i dont have a clue inadvertantly.

is there any suggested reading for me on this re rights when it comes to these companies

There are many dmp's. If you have to pay for it however, then it is a complete waste of time. Also, going by the info you have given, they seem to be pretty much incompetent at doing what they do.

oh no ive not entered into any dmp with a paid company yet was just debating it,im currently personally trying tosort minicredit myself,hence me wanting to know where i legally stand,go through the forums theres lots of advice but i dont know which path to take,do i stand firm with minicredit,tell them i have jsa to live on and just stick to that,do i leave it and wait till their dca gets intouch,do i go dmc route

Minimuppets are easy to deal with. Onc eyou wear them down, theyll pass the debt to opos, who will try and charge you for doing so. (Opos are the same company, just a different desk in the same office). Play the same game with them and dont take any crap from them and theyll back down too.

I kno wyou dont want to go through the ins and outs of what has happened so far, but is there any chance you can? Especially if you have itemised breakdowns of the debt. This will help me or others form a letter to you so we can call them out.

[ATTACH]44741[/ATTACH]

erm well quite simply i got a loan of 220 from them,fully expecting i could pay it back before due date,but in the interim my dogs got ill and we have also found out he has a heart murmur and this is costing us a lot,im not entirely sure what itemisation you would like re this debt,i know they are a bunch of muppets-(i must add when i originally applied for a loan way back last year i was employed and it was paid back early however this one i wasnt employed,but it was just a case of clicking the apply button since i had an existing account)

but from whit you put its

loan £220.00

today owed £257.18

due date owed £290.18

but since all my "spare"(does anybody have spare these days)is sunk into the dog i knew come due day i couldnt pay,so i attempted to preempt it and get something sorted asap,the results of which i posted up there

1. Original due date balance £300.08

2. Default charges £40.00 (Unless the loan is repaid in full before the 4th overdue day)

3. Interest for our default period of 60 days £171.60 (Will not increase even if t takes You a year to repay the Loan)

4. Debt recovery fee for setting up an alternative payment arrangement £50.00 love this,they seem to be charging me for trying to sort out payment

if really needed i can post the entire email conversation ive had with there hardship rep so far,i think ive sorta steamed in too much,after reading these forums and thinking i know something when i really don't have a chuffing clue

edit:added email convo as attachment at top

Edited by violentj

2 is unfair and can be reclaimed. 3 is grossly unfair as they are frontloading interest. 4 is unfair and can be reclaimed. They are NOT allowed to charge simply for setting up a repayment plan. You can post up the email convo if you want, but it doesnt matter too much. Minicredit rarely ever follow the rules anyway.

latest reply from these guys any sugestions on how i proceed(without making it worse)

A MiniCredit Harship Department member has replied to your application, #102610 with the following response:

The following response is being sent to You according to the Formal Hardship Procedure.

If You are refusing to provide us any supportive documentation and to support Your claim of unforeseen circumstances - we will not be able to reduce the balance further. The balance provided to You is already fair and realistic especially considering the fact that You have given us false and misleading information during loan application and did not present any evidence supporting unforeseen circumstances or any financial difficulties as such.

Please take the following in to consideration: The Office of Fair Trading „Debt Collection Guidance “expects creditors to discuss an affordable payment plan with the Customer who faces unforeseen financial difficulties. We are in our right to refuse Your settlement offer of the original due date balance only, but have to accept a partly payment offer you wish to make. This means that the total payment plan balance is calculated according to the Loan Agreement and the Office of Fair Trading „Debt Collection Guidance“ and you are then able to start clearing the balance by making affordable installments which is £25.00 as You have stated Yourself.

my reply

"could You explain to me how frontloading interest and charging me a fee to set up a payment plan is

fair and realistic?

I also ask you to prove i could have forseen a heart murmur and an intestinal bug,being i am not a an animal medical practitioner.

i also suggest you prove any accusations made against me regarding the initial loan application,and please do as all these emails are being saved and forwarded to the f.o.s and oft

and just to end the 25 was my maximum based on yourselves accepting to cap the amount at the initial amount owed on due date,since you seem unwilling to help in anyway whatsoever than i can only offer a token payment of 5 per month to be reviewed in 6 months time

please forward a payment book or a relevant bank details for me to send payments to"

i think i should stop replying i only seem to make things worse here

Edited by violentj
added my reply

i have no idea how to reply to this

A MiniCredit Harship Department member has replied to your application, #102610 with the following response:

The following response is being sent to You according to the Formal Hardship Procedure.

What do the terms fair and realistic mean?

The Customer whose financial difficulties were caused by an unavoidable and unforeseen circumstance should be in favor over the Customer to whom the non-repayment was known at the time of taking out the loan. Depending on the cause of the difficulties the creditor should consider suspending or amending charges and interest, but regardless of the cause should not demand payments that are more than the debtor can afford. The Creditor has the right to require supportive documentation regarding the cause of the financial difficulties to determine the time of the change and whether the cause was unforeseen or not. The reasonable and realistic payment arrangement can be set up when the Customer provides documentation regarding the monthly income and expenditure. As per the OFT guidance we should not set up an arrangement where the Customer will be unable to pay for the basic needs due to the payment installment amount.

Taking the above in to consideration and as You have mentioned that you no longer work and can only afford £5 per month. Could you please provide us with the up to date budget sheet showing the actual income and possibly a payslip confirming Your previous and current income.

In the payment plan balance you were offered, the only overdue charges were two default charges totaling £40. Interest is not considered an overdue charge as it is the cost of you pay for using the loan. The Creditor is not legally obliged to freeze the interest or after one month when the Customer experiences financial difficulties. I ask you to read the whole chapter from the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regarding the defaulted and early settlement. Part VII section 93 states that interest should not be increased on default. According to the credit reference agencies, the default cannot be registered before the 120th day after the initial due date. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 also explains that the Creditor is able to register the account status as in default when the Consumer is provided with the Default Notice and the date when the default will be registered. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 states that the Consumer does not have to pay more than one month interest with an early settlement, but this does not mean that when a loan is overdue, the Consumer is entitled to do the same and unless the loan is repaid on the 10th of July 2013 it will be overdue.

The interest itself is not an overdue charges, it is the agreed cost the Consumer pays for using the loan at the rate marked in the Consumer Credit Agreement (Loan Agreement) until repayment or default.

Regarding not freezing your balance, we would like to provide you the information we have received from the Financial Ombudsman Service when they have assessed complaints of this nature:

The application of interest and charges by a lender is a commercial decision for a business to make, and it is not for the Financial Ombudsman Service to comment on whether or not the charges are unfair.

In investigating disputes of this nature, we must look toward the terms and conditions of the specific agreement to decide whether or not the interest and charges have been applied in line with them.

When an individual encounters financial difficulties, there is no obligation on any lender to make amendments to the terms and conditions of the agreement- such as reducing interest or charges. However we would expect a lender to take a positive approach to the circumstances such as providing the possibility to enter into a repayment plan.

We are not saying that pet's illness could have been foreseen or predicted, but we do not have any supportive documentation regarding Your dog's misfortune and being a financial institution we need supportive documentation. However currently more important is the fact of providing us misleading information regarding Your income and employment status.

If we are unable to reach an agreement and this case will be escalated to Financial Ombudsman Service we will be more than happy to provide all the information ourselves, which will include, but will not be limited by the following: emails, the exact times any changes were made and IP addresses of the computer or computers used to update any details on file, logs from the servers and upon request Your internet service provider will be providing logs of Your activity to insure that the information provided by us is true and correct.

Kind Regards,

[email protected]

That letter is a blatant breach of oft guidelines. Ill write a letter gor you later if you want to play hardball with them.

LATEST REPLY FROM THEM

Thank You for Your feedback, however in order to make a proper assessment we have attached a Hardship Application which we would kindly ask You to fill out. Please provide us with the supportive documentation confirming unexpected loss of employment after or during the tima the loan was issued and payslips confirming Your previous and current income if You would like us to overlook the balance.

Please also follow this link that takes you to Ombudsman news page on the official Financial Ombudsman Service webpage:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/39/financial-difficulty-debits-39.htm

There you may find the following:

To help work all this out, the lender is likely to ask the customer to complete a statement of income and outgoings. This will probably be in the form of the Common Financial Statement, developed by the British Bankers’ Association in consultation with the Money Advice Trust. Some customers may feel that the questions they are asked are somewhat intrusive, but setting out their financial position in detail in this way is the first step to arriving at a solution.

Kind Regards,

[email protected]

Hi there!!! I took on these clowns via Fos and won and infact 84% of all complaints made to fos were upheld in the consumers favour.

As for income/expenditure....YES but a very basic one and DO NOT send them any payslips or bank statements,they certainly arent entitled to see any of that.

If the income/expenditure is not to there satisfaction ask them for there FINAL RESPONSE then get a complaint into the Fos.

2nd July 2012 EarlyPayDay a/c Cleared!:-D

26th October 2012 Wonga,Go Cash & Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

30th November 2012

Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!