Working Tax Credits compliance check

carpenter_77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am self-employed and in the process of gathering information to prove my earnings/hours worked for the last tax year. Would really appreciate advice from someone who has experience of some/all of the following:

Re breakdown of hours worked per week - Do I need to provide details of hours worked every day or just a total for each week? (I am also providing a diary of my work)

Some weeks I worked over the minimum 30 hrs, sometimes less. Will this be averaged out over the month/year? Or do I need to have worked at least 30 hrs for every week?

Re invoices - I have invoices for most of my jobs, however some were *ahem* cash in hand and I didn't produce invoices at the time but still need to declare the hours. Would it be risky to make invoices for some of these jobs now or would I potentially be getting myself into trouble if HMRC checks them out? (NB I would have to change the invoice numbers on some of the existing invoices to fit them in)

Does HMRC accept electronic records?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm sure that they look at average hours over the year and compare it to the number of hours worked you stated on your application.

Invoices dont have to have a number on but I would make sure that there is a logic to how they fit in, just a date ref will probably be best. My invoicing software automatically produces a tax point date when they are printed so just that on the top of the invoice should cover it, ie Invoice tax point ref: 240613