Ruthbridge for crapbot re chasing old mbna debt

30LQ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Had 2 letters from these guys in the space of 2 days. Say I owe Caboot 1400 for a credit card from MBNA.

Now, I had one of these in 2001 when I was young and stupid but far as I know my parents paid it off at the time. If not there could have been no more than 300 as that was my limit.

Any ideas? I'm not paying these clowns.

Ruthbridge are well known for chasing dead end debts that now one else will touch.

You need to check your credit reference files asap, to see if this account shows.

DO NOT phone or write to Ruthbridge until you have the credit file details, then

come back here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It would have been paid off in 2001. That is the last time I had anything to do with it.

Not on my credit file. I check these regularly. I actually have a top credit rating as I've learnt the errors of my youth.

If the last payment or acknowledgement of liability was made in 2001 then if there is anything owed then it is almost certainly statute barred - whilst any balance would still be due then they would not be able to obtain a judgment in court.

Many DCAs will argue that limitation accrues from the time when the "default notice" is issued. It does not.

Limitation clock starts ticking from when the payment is due and not paid not when they send a default notice.

We see often that CRA entries will date 5 or 6 months ahead of when the payment was missed.

People need to be sure that they aren’t being hoodwinked and that the DCA is extending limitation so they can sue when they are not allowed to.

There is a letter in the CAG library that you could send to them advising that it is statute barred and that you will not be making any further payments.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes they will drop the debt like a hot brick!

Send this by recorded/signed for post:

The Compliance Manager

Ruthbridge Ltd

Ref: Use theirs,,

Sir/ Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding an alleged debt for £xxx .xx please not I do not acknowledge any debt to Ruthbridge Ltd or any company it may claim to represent.

Having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will therefore not be making any payment.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debts and the section regarding the sale of such debt without informing the debt purchaser of the status of the debt.

Ruthbridge Ltd is reminded that should it dispute the status of the alleged debt the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the debt is not statute barred falls entirely upon Ruthbridge Ltd.

I now require Ruthbridge Ltd to cease processing all data relating to me and to remove it from its records immediately.

Ruthbridge rarely reply to this letter and I guess the noise of toys being thrown from prams in Twickenham will be very loud.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes they will drop the debt like a hot brick!

Send this by recorded/signed for post:

The Compliance Manager

Ruthbridge Ltd

Ref: Use theirs,,

Sir/ Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding an alleged debt for £xxx .xx please not I do not acknowledge any debt to Ruthbridge Ltd or any company it may claim to represent.

Having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will therefore not be making any payment.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debts and the section regarding the sale of such debt without informing the debt purchaser of the status of the debt.

Ruthbridge Ltd is reminded that should it dispute the status of the alleged debt the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the debt is not statute barred falls entirely upon Ruthbridge Ltd.

I now require Ruthbridge Ltd to cease processing all data relating to me and to remove it from its records immediately.

Ruthbridge rarely reply to this letter and I guess the noise of toys being thrown from prams in Twickenham will be very loud.

Thanks Brig. I will make a donation once this is sorted.

One other thing. Shall I copy in Cabot?

No I wouldn't copy in Crapbot, let Ruthbridge break the news!!

Got a third letter now. That is 3 in 6 days.

They are offering me a deal to settle the alleged account for 250. Very reasonable when they allege the debt is 1400.

Only problem is that it has crossed with letter bearing bad news for them. Statute barred I'm afraid.