Carter Solicitors for freddies for lowells chasing old BC debt with No CCA

JibTeenuc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just received the attached letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors.

Have been fighting Lowells and a number of other DCA's for years.

None have been able to provide a signed CCA despite numerous SAR and CCA requests.

Any advice on what I should do (if anything)?

Thanks.

Hi welcome to CAG,

The letter is too small to read, but I can see Carter is acting for Lowell Financial.

Information please:

What is the name of the original creditor.

When was the last payment or written acknowledgment of this date made.

This is one of Carters standard approaches probably threatens court action an lists costs and fees?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi welcome to CAG,

The letter is too small to read, but I can see Carter is acting for Lowell Financial.

Information please:

What is the name of the original creditor.

When was the last payment or written acknowledgment of this date made.

This is one of Carters standard approaches probably threatens court action an lists costs and fees?

Thanks for the reply.

Until I can post an image, then, the gist of the BCS letter is that they act for Lowells but that I must pay Fredrickson International Ltd what they claim to be my outstanding Credit Card debt (with Barclaycard), in full, within fourteen days.

"Failing which we will recommend to our client that proceedings be issued without further notice" blah, blah, blah extra costs etc., as you guessed.

Yet, as I said, neither the Credit Card issuer, Lowells or Fredrickson (or any others they have employed) have provided me with a true copy of any Credit Card Agreement signed by me.

Should I respond or ignore this latest threat? (Incidentally, I have received no communication from them for a number of months, on this matter).

Last payment on the account was made over 4 years ago.

I SAR'd Barclaycard but they have no copy of a signed agreement between us. Each Debt Collection Agency simply passes the account onto another DCA whenever I make a repeat CCA request.......until now.

Lowell and Fredrickson have been unable to produce a CCA but have passed it to Bryan Carter Solicitors, instead.

Thanks, again.

OK reply to Carter as follows.

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

Ref: use theirs:

Sir/Madam,

I refer to a letter dated xx xx xxxxx regarding an alleged debt for £ xxxx. xx relating to an account with Barclaycard now supposedly in the hands of Lowell Financial Ltd and be processed by Fredrickson International.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to any party mentioned in your letter.

For information and for avoidance of any misunderstanding this alleged debt has been passed around the unsavoury depths of the 'debt collection industry' for some considerable time and during that time NO company has provided unequivocal proof of my liability no agreement has ever been provided.

My advice to Bryan Carter LLP is to close the file on this matter and return it to its client forthwith.

Please note any County Court Claim will be rigorously defended.

Final response.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

OK reply to Carter as follows.

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

Ref: use theirs:

Sir/Madam,

I refer to a letter dated xx xx xxxxx regarding an alleged debt for £ xxxx. xx relating to an account with Barclaycard now supposedly in the hands of Lowell Financial Ltd and be processed by Fredrickson International.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to any party mentioned in your letter.

For information and for avoidance of any misunderstanding this alleged debt has been passed around the unsavoury depths of the 'debt collection industry' for some considerable time and during that time NO company has provided unequivocal proof of my liability no agreement has ever been provided.

My advice to Bryan Carter LLP is to close the file on this matter and return it to its client forthwith.

Please note any County Court Claim will be rigorously defended.

Final response.

You don't pull your punches, do you, Brigadier?:hail: A man after my own heart!!!

A follow up punch, descending into a scrap, is only necessary if the first blow is too weak to finish the job.

I like and appreciate your advice and will take it on board.

Additional advice is also more than welcome from anyone with the relevant knowledge or experience.

Much appreciated.:clap2:

You don't pull your punches, do you, Brigadier?:hail: A man after my own heart!!!

A follow up punch, descending into a scrap, is only necessary if the first blow is too weak to finish the job.

I like and appreciate your advice and will take it on board.

Additional advice is also more than welcome from anyone with the relevant knowledge or experience.

Much appreciated.:clap2:

Thank,

Too many years of giving orders and knowing they will be obeyed, you analysis is spot on pussy footing around the issue prolonged letter tennis is absolutely pointless.

Good Luck.

Thank,

Too many years of giving orders and knowing they will be obeyed, you analysis is spot on pussy footing around the issue prolonged letter tennis is absolutely pointless.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

The more we practice and the more we learn, the luckier we get, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

On a point of note, the warning letter I received from Bryan Carter seems to contain a number of anomalies.

1) They name their client as being LOWELL FINANCIAL LIMITED

2) Yet they warn me to remit payment to FREDRICKSON INTERNATIONAL LTD.

3) The account number they quote is only 3-quarters correct in that the first 12 numbers are correct but the final 4 are incorrect.

Does any of this have any bearing on matters?

Thanks.

A usual method of attempting to deceive you in to believing passing the account around other DCAs is an giving them more importance and impact eg a load of twaddle.

The account number has to be completely correct.

Lowell own the debt Freds assigned to collect Carter employed to make threats.

A usual method of attempting to deceive you in to believing passing the account around other DCAs is an giving them more importance and impact eg a load of twaddle.

The account number has to be completely correct.

Lowell own the debt Freds assigned to collect Carter employed to make threats.

Many thanks, so Lowell is the key, then.

Last I heard from them was in December and prior to that, January 2012 (they seem to be annual events). I simply ignored them.

Heard from Freddy's in January (ignored them, too).

Am somewhat tempted to ignore this also (particularly as, being a stroke victim, I am on incapacity benefit and haven't worked since 2005 and genuinely possess no savings or assets (not even an automobile) - so, unless they are either alchemists or financial-masochists, I can't see what they can realistically hope to achieve in their somewhat futile pursuit of me.

Indeed Lowell are the beneficial owner of the account, it may be useful given your state of health and financial situation to ''suggest'' to Lowell that it would be best for them to take a commercial decision on the viability of the debt and close the file.

I can draft such a plea if you wish to consider this course of action.

Indeed Lowell are the beneficial owner of the account, it may be useful given your state of health and financial situation to ''suggest'' to Lowell that it would be best for them to take a commercial decision on the viability of the debt and close the file.

I can draft such a plea if you wish to consider this course of action.

That would be really kind of you, if you have the time and inclination (I do like your no-nonsense, but considered, style of addressing situations such as this with simple realism).

However, if you decide to, may I request that you either PM it to me or post it in, say, the Templates Section as a general "Duress Appeal" or similar as I have no doubt that the money-monkeys also monitor these boards (along with MI5 and the CIA, of course - LOL).

Many thanks for your advice, thus far, Brigadier.

Jib

I will of course do this for you over the next couple of days, will let you know where to look!

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

JibTeenuc, has there been any progress in your dealings with Fredrickson / Lowells / Bryan Carter Solicitors / Barclaycard?

With apologies for the thread hijack, I'd be really interested to know how you're getting on. My husband sent a "prove it" letter to Bryan Carter Solicitors on 20th September and has received a letter from Fredrickson dated 2nd Oct - making no reference to the "prove it" letter which essentially says:

"Despite a recent letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP it appears you have not discharged your debt with our client Lowell Financial Ltd".

The letter then goes on to demand payment in full within 48 hours of receipt of the letter.

My husband last made a payment of £100 on the account to an entirely different company called "Scotcall" back in January this year (2013), but has not made any payments since. At the time Scotcall rang him and demanded payment he panicked, having no idea of the full extent of the debt, or what to do for the best. I realise this may compound his options now.

What bothers me about this debt is that I've managed to find paperwork dating back to June 2010 when the amount requested was £7,590 and, at today's date, the matter has passed through the hands of at least six different DCAs (including Lowells, Red, NCO, Scotcall, Hamptons Legal and Fredrickson) and is now over £300 MORE than originally stated.

Any help and advice will be most gratefully received - and, JibTeenuc, I apologise once again for the thread hijack, but hope you are making good progress with your own action!

Womble has a thread here for the case - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405176-Old-Barclaycard-debt&p=4361718&viewfull=1#post4361718

JibTeenuc can respond there if needed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)