Turnbull Rutherford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

High I'm new here, so don't even know if I'm in the right section, apologies but in mitigation I am a pensioner.

I have recently found out that my husband of 71 has run up credit card debts which had been defaulted on payment, the debt was apparently sold to collection solicitors Turnbull Rutherford, I have now taken charge of trying to sort out the mess, this company has place an attachment to our property, and it appears that the interest has been pilling up, the debt is currently at £21k, I have requested copies of the original signed agreements as per the sale of goods act 1979 section 75.

However we have now received another letter with a settlement offer of £6.5k, which seems incredulous, my first reaction was to run to the bank and try and raise the cash, but think I will wait for any advise this forum can give me.

PS the letter states the offer is only open till Friday 28th June, so there is not much time to respond, or raise the funds, this is causing me sleepless night and stressful days, which I could do without, I am currently receiving chemotherapy treatment for cancer, all this debt worry is not helping.

First of all, welcome to CAG.

There’s a lot you need to find out here.

Turnbull Rutherford does not buy debts – it acts on behalf of HFO Capital Ltd and HFO Services Ltd.

If they have a charging order on your property, then they must also have a CCJ. This would be in HFO’s name.

You need to find out what is going on – can your OH not tell you? What correspondence has he received over the years>

You can go to Trust Online and pay a few pounds to find out if there is a CCJ listed.

Who was the original debt with? We really need a full history of this to help properly – but we usually defat these dishonest idiots (and I can prove they have been very dishonest in the past...).

discount.....something smells bad

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lots more info please. Needs details of original accounts, defaults, date sold to HFO (Capital or Services?), who has CCJ (Capital or Services?), date of claim and CCJ award, amount of judgment – why did you not defend the claim?

Really hard to help without the full facts. Detail is everything.

I imagine the £21k is just ramped up interest that they are not actually allowed to claim.

Tell us more...

As explained in the beginning, I am new to this and finding it all daunting, will try to sort the detail and revert, much appreciate your help

Edited by kathy1950
hadn't finished sentence

Hello Kathy,

I would be wise to check credit reference files to get some idea of status of these debts, Experian (Credit Expert) and Equifax both have 30 day free trials there is also Noddle which is free but not always up to date.

Do you know when the last payments were made on the accounts!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Kathy, I'm also here to help, I to had a Morgan Stanley/ HFO issue, when was the CCJ, who made the claim, HFO Services or Capital, lots more question for you but these will do for starters.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

just to clarify, can you give us the following info-

when did they obtain the CCJ

who exactly was the claimant, Services or Capital

do you have a copy of the original N1 claim form, if so can you post up the particulars of the claim

did you defend the original claim, if so why not

do you have a copy of the actual judgement

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.